View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2011, 03:22 PM

If you`re going on holiday to Greece....

even if you`re not.
An organisation helping the animals there are appealing for funds. If you have a little time to spare, please think about helping these people?
www.straysofgreece.org

thankyou. X
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2011, 05:37 PM
Claire, just wondering if this charity is the one that brings dogs over here to be re-homed?
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2011, 06:26 PM
Quite a few rehome from Greece (and Spain) because the cruelty is so extreme there. The dogs are rehomed all over Europe - the Germans and Swedes take a lot.
Greek Animal Rescue is probably the main one. They encourage holiday makers to visit their shelters and if they fall in love with a dog or cat then they pay the costs for the animal to be taken to their country (by volunteers).
My son Sam`s dog Bran was a Greekie whose home fell through so we took him.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2011, 06:30 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Quite a few rehome from Greece (and Spain) because the cruelty is so extreme there. The dogs are rehomed all over Europe - the Germans and Swedes take a lot.
Greek Animal Rescue is probably the main one. They encourage holiday makers to visit their shelters and if they fall in love with a dog or cat then they pay the costs for the animal to be taken to their country (by volunteers).
My son Sam`s dog Bran was a Greekie whose home fell through so we took him.
Thanks. It's good to know, so if you see them you just pay for them to be taken here....and that's it?
Sounds almost too simple, or maybe not simple enough for me
I have heard of people here having dogs brought over from Irish rescues too...I just wonder how the rescues afford it? (good on them though...)