Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rita1
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-02-2012, 05:53 PM

Advice re. choosing courier for Zooplus orders

Perhaps you all know, but I didn't notice that the default carrier for Zooplus is Yodel - you have to change it if you want Parcelforce. Yodel delivered food to Tool Station - not easily confused with a residential address & in a totally different area of the town. Blatantly obvious driver couldn't find address, so just dumped it anywhere. It took 6 days to recover it & they were totally unhelpful when I 'phoned -refusing to ask their driver what he'd done with it, even though I told them it was wanted urgently. I had to get Zooplus to 'open an investigation' & had to re-order food, as I had no idea if or when it would turn up. There are loads of complaints about them on Internet, so this is just a warning to click the Parcelforce button (they turned up with 2nd order with no trouble at all)
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2012, 06:56 PM
Originally Posted by rita1 View Post
Perhaps you all know, but I didn't notice that the default carrier for Zooplus is Yodel - you have to change it if you want Parcelforce. Yodel delivered food to Tool Station - not easily confused with a residential address & in a totally different area of the town. ..............
I get my dry dog food delivered by Yodel & have an address that isn't easily found so I always give direction & my mobile to contact-to date they have never not delivered to me
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2012, 07:02 PM
Yodel are horrendous! We had a really bad experience with them, which was repeated a couple of times. They blatently lied to me and said they had tried to deliver the parcel which was impossible because where we live, we would have seen if anyone had come up here (1.5 miles down a dead end, single track road). Ringing them was a nightmare as we would be either put on hold or told they would ring back. In the end, I did a bit of digging, and found their direct number to the depot where they had the stuff. Even then, they lied and said they would try again the following day, which they didn't!

Apparently, the drivers are paid per parcel, and not much at that. I imagine you get some good drivers, and some bad drivers, and I can see why a driver wouldn't want to waste his own fuel trying to get to somewhere like here, but when you actually pay for delivery, you expect it to be delivered!

Rant over lol

Helen

Helen
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2012, 09:55 PM
Yodel left my parcel outside a shop the other side of the village as they obviously couldn't find my address (even though I gave directions).
Lizz
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-02-2012, 04:16 PM
We use parcel force as Yodel couldn't find the house depsite having my mobile and landline number for me to give directions and in the end they delivered it to a farm 8 miles from us and I made them go and pick it up!!!
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2012, 05:00 PM
I ordered a bag of Burns from Amazon, It was to be delivered by Yodel...Checking the tracking it said my address did not exsist, phoned them 6 times, gave them mobile & landline numbers still they could not find me, in the end contacted Amazon and said I wished to cancel the order, they gave me a full refund...Since then have ordered directly from Burns....