Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2013, 11:45 PM

Natures Harvest - any experience?

Tara has become very fussy in her old age, has a very sensitive stomach and I'm finding it impossible to keep weight on her, in fact she's dropped a kilo in just 4 months the only thing I'm managing to get her to eat at the moment is plain chicken and rice which obviously isn't ideal in the long run.

She's been checked out by my vet, bloods taken etc and aside from her vestibular disease she's doing pretty well for an old girl.

I've been looking into different foods to try her on that won't break the bank if she won't eat them. She point blank refuses dry food now even if it is soaked. Tonight I've stumbled across Natures Harvest wet food, it comes in various flavours including chicken and brown rice, ocean fish and brown rice, lamb and brown rice, turkey and brown rice and lamb and brown rice.

I've ordered a couple of sachets of the fish and chicken to try her on. I've had a look at the ingredients and I'm pretty happy with what I've seen, just looking more for some feedback from anyone who may have tried it before?
rough
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-01-2013, 10:45 AM
a friends x had a similar problem . now eats nothing but Natures Harvest and is fine. hope this helps . x
lablover21
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-01-2013, 02:20 PM
My old Lab at 11 yrs went of all food, was suffering with bad heart. Found nature diet a god send got him back eating again he loved it. He also suffered with colitis had a very sensitive tummy, this was fine with him. He lived until nearly his 12th birthday. Sadly today was the day i had to have him PTS. x
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2013, 12:00 AM
I have used NH in the past and I think it is the best out of the vacuum packed varieties.
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2013, 08:10 AM
Started this with her this morning, have been using Applaws in the interim whilst waiting for this to arrive, and while she loves it at £5 a day it's a bit out of my price range!

Don't think I've ever seen her quite so excited by her breakfast as she was today the portions seem a little small, but I think that's just because I'm so used to feeding more of a lower quality food.

Now to play the waiting game and see how her tummy fairs!