Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kat14778
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-08-2011, 09:36 AM

Traveling

When i first got my dog she hated the car she would drool and pant and eventually be sick. I overcame this by taking her on short journeys and using dap spray she never liked travelling but the excessive panting and being sick stopped she just looked very sorry for her self.In the last few weeks i have no idea why she s gone back to being very stressed lots of panting and where shes sits looks like a swimming pool when i get her out. In three weeks we are off on holiday with a journey of about 4 hours how can i keep her from stressing. ps i have tryed travel tablets but she has to have 6 due to her size and this is not easy to administer ive also tryed ginger biccies any thoughts or ideas would be grately recieved
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2011, 09:49 AM
Have you tried putting her in a covered crate so she can't see the movement outside?
kat14778
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-08-2011, 10:23 AM
yes thanks moons mum i do that doesnt seem to help though
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2011, 01:25 PM
Some remedies for travel sickness:

• Covering up the cage so the dog cannot see things moving
• Homeopathic remedies: Cocculus, Bryonia, Petroleum, Sepia, Tabacum, Nux Vomica
• Herbal remedies: Ginger, Scullcap and Valerian
• Bach Flower Essences: Rescue Remedy, Cherry Plum but Scleranthus would be the essence of choice.
• Commercial Products: Seren-UM, contains vitamins, minerals and amino acids, DAP spray, Anxiety Travel
• Ginger Biscuits!

These may need to be used in conjunction with a desensitisation/counter conditioning programme.