Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SibeVibe
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-02-2012, 12:16 PM

Team Hooligan in Aviemore - Sled Dogs

Hello

Haven't managed to spend much time on Dogsey the past few months since my parents health started deteriorating. Have really missed checking in.

Didn't manage to get many shots of the dogs this year in Aviemore. None from the rally site, was too busy running back and forward between the start and finish line handling for our friends. Thought I would share the few I did manage to get

Settling in on the stake out when we first arrived.

View from the stake out.

Chalets where we stayed surrounded by all the dog vans.

Isaac and Darcy. Just after the pic was taken Darcy gave us her customary 'look' and we brought her 'whippet bed' out for her

Didn't have time to blast Jacub before we went so he was sporting a pretty good 'burst couch' look. He cared not a jot! Thoughtful lad even wazzed on the picnic table to clear a little space for his mum

We spent hours out hiking........

Scenery was breathtaking.

Critter hunting when the snow melted.

Sabaka having a final look round on the day we left.

Short video of Team H joining in the forrest howls. Isaac took great delight in starting the whole resort off many times. Amazing sound through the darkness

http://youtu.be/rdQA2rxc9CM

And finally, nothing to do with Aviemore, a pic of my mate from Norway. She has just finished The Femundløpet race, a long distance sleddog race that takes place in February in mid-Norway. The race starts in the colourful streets of the historic UNESCO world heritage mining town of Røros and teams mush through eight districts and the fascinating countryside of Sør-Trøndelag and Hedmark counties.

I am not jealous, nope, not jealous at all

I hope that this finds everyone happy and well.

Take care.

Seoniad.
Jessi Clark
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2012, 12:37 PM
Sounds like you had an amazing time again, your gang always look to be totally in their element! And I can imagine Isaac thinking you've all got a bit too comfy and deciding to start a bit of a sing song!! Gorgeous as usual!
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-02-2012, 12:41 PM
Great pics Love all the snow.

Where did you stay? It looks really nice.
SibeVibe
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-02-2012, 12:56 PM
Originally Posted by Jessi Clark View Post
Sounds like you had an amazing time again, your gang always look to be totally in their element! And I can imagine Isaac thinking you've all got a bit too comfy and deciding to start a bit of a sing song!! Gorgeous as usual!
Thanks every so much You're spot on about Isaac. Every night at last pee pee's before bed he'd whip all the other dogs up into a full chorus then sit back delighted with himself

Originally Posted by Carole View Post
Great pics Love all the snow.

Where did you stay? It looks really nice.
Thank Carole

We stay here every year...........

http://www.lodgesatbadaguish.org/

Great trails right on the doorstep to walk or run the dogs on. I really didn't want to come home this year.

Take care.

Seoniad.
Carole
Supervisor

16-02-2012, 12:59 PM
Originally Posted by SibeVibe View Post

Thank Carole

We stay here every year...........

http://www.lodgesatbadaguish.org/

Great trails right on the doorstep to walk or run the dogs on. I really didn't want to come home this year.

Take care.

Seoniad.
Looks really nice

I have family up there so have been visiting for years and have never once ventured there
Greyhawk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2012, 02:11 PM
Love the photo's!! It looks like you had a wonderful time - very jealous
SibeVibe
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-02-2012, 02:32 PM
Originally Posted by Carole View Post
Looks really nice

I have family up there so have been visiting for years and have never once ventured there
Dogs will love it Carole, worth a trip. Aviemore is stunning no matter where you are in it really

Originally Posted by Greyhawk View Post
Love the photo's!! It looks like you had a wonderful time - very jealous
Thank you. Great time had by all

Will you be at the AMCUK Rescue fun day at Strathclyde Country Park this year? Really please a day like this is going ahead in Scotland

Take good care.

Seoniad.
Greyhawk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2012, 02:37 PM
Will you be at the AMCUK Rescue fun day at Strathclyde Country Park this year? Really please a day like this is going ahead in Scotland
No - unfortunately it is completely the other end of the country to me (i'm in the South-East of England ) - we do tend to support the ones held down here though

I really hope they day goes well for them and that they get a lot of attendees, it would be nice to get more going on in different parts of the country

We are hoping to go to Aviemore again one year
Carole
Supervisor

16-02-2012, 02:42 PM
Dogs will love it Carole, worth a trip. Aviemore is stunning no matter where you are in it really

That they do Badaguish is on the list for my next visit in the summer to check it out for the dogs and its so near Loch Morlich too. We usually stay at the other end at High Burnside which means a car trip to the beach.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2012, 03:00 PM
absolutely gorgeous dogs i love them they look like they had such a great time

love that last picture, what an amazing thing to do
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >