Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2010, 04:13 PM

Free to Good, No any Home

Thats what Shady will be if she thinks I am putting up with this now.
I put up with her nuerotic behaviour, fear aggresion and just over the topness and I don't mind her being ill sometimes I can cope with that poor girl.
But since early Saturday morning she has been ill with sickness, when that stopped it started running out the other end. Yesterday she was back to her normal bouncy self but her poo was still runny when she went. I got her back on some food as she was really hungrey.
This morning she done an almost normal poo and has eaten normally so I took her over the field for a run, she was really enjoying herself, charging about letting off steam, when she suddenly skidded to a halt, stuck her head in the grass and wouldn't leave what she had found. By the time I got over there, there was not much of whatever smelly thing she was eating left, but whatever it was stunk and looked disgusting.
So I just get her back to health and the same day, as her tummy is still abit sensitive, she tries to make herself ill again. If she is going to start this everytime I let her off the lead then she will be staying on a lead.
Good Job I love her a little bit still or I would be wording that advert as I type.
Fingers crossed she hasn't upset her tum with it again.
tokiayla
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2010, 05:56 PM
Oh dear, I hope she's ok.
Sometimes our dogs just want to make us tear our hair out.
I'm going to rename Stone to 'sicknote' - recently he's either got a dodgy tum, a cut pad or is limping with his arthritis - there is always something.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2010, 05:57 PM
I hope whatever she ate doesn`t disagree with her. Fingers crossed for you both.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-11-2010, 06:14 PM
Ollie is the same most times it doesn't have too bad an effect but on the odd occasion when it does well I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Hoping whatever she found doesn't upset her tummy again.
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2010, 09:41 PM
Simba will eat anything too, whenever I let him off in the field. I have a 13meter long line which I may start using!
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2010, 10:04 PM
Hope Shadys ok! Ted disappeared on our walk this morning and when he finally came back he had blood around his mouth so god knows what he has been eating! Then he has refused to go out for a walk tonight so i hope he dosen't have an upset tummy over night
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2010, 12:00 AM
Sounds like you are in for a smelly night, it is so hard when they have sensitive guts, Scratch does this on occasion too, and he pays for it the next day (so do I )
Here's hoping Shady doesn't pay for it too badly xxxx
dave2003
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-11-2010, 12:55 AM
oh the joys i do hope the tummy's ok, as i've been there done that several times usually in the middle of the night and i'm up early for work in the morning. dave the dog will eat anything literally and theres always a nuclear fall out afterwards! then you think you've got the tummy settled and tada another one!
you have my sympathy and i did have a chuckle!!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2010, 06:04 AM
Dogs are soooo disgusting.....

Hope there are no evil side effects, Bev x

suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2010, 08:11 PM
Hope Shady didn't have any side effects.

What is it about horse poo that they like and as for rabbit droppings, well that is a real delicacy

Had a red setter years ago and she could smell a rotting carcase from about 500 yards away