Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2014, 10:41 AM

What is it Bella???

www.youtube.com/v/v38RyADeVOs

It definitely wasn't a lizard. She doesn't go this crazy over lizards and this morning down at the lake (after the deluge yesterday) she was like a thing possessed after something in the scrub.

I thought at first she was making these little grunty noises (hope you can hear them on this totally naff video I took) but it wasn't her - it was whatever she was disturbing. I tested by gently prodding in there with a stick and the noise came again. (I don't shove my bare hands in anywhere since the spider bite!)

In the end I had to put her lead back on to get her to come away she was all a quiver with the little stumpy tail in overdrive.

The best I can describe the noise as is like a sort of very very soft frog croak. I think if you listen carefully you will hear it (not the crunchy noise - that's my boots)

As I've never seen a frog in Cyprus in 7 yrs I looked it up and found some interesting info here
http://kypros.org/Test/8/978b.html
So maybe that helluva storm has brought at least one down onto nearer the shore. And I'm glad if it has as they were almost eradicated from the island due to DDT (read the link)

I think I will keep Bella away from there for a few days at least or take her right over to the other side where the mosque is and see if anything of the same is going on over there (that's nearer Troodos Mountains)

Apologies again for quality of video. One day I will learn just where to point the bluddy phone to make sure the dog is in shot but with the bright sunshine you can see nothing at all on screen and I just point it like a gun at her.

Oh yeah and then on the way back - I spotted one of the horrible hairy 'March Caterpillars' (always see them in Feb) but I'm quite sure caterpillars don't make soft grunting noises even if there are hundreds of them in a tent nest!
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

15-02-2014, 12:58 PM
Aw laughed at how the wee lass was going from one bush to another. She obviously sensed something was there!

You would get me there if there are spiders - even tiny one as I am absolutely petrified of them!

She did enjoy herself I bet.

You video was good - better than I take

Thanks for sharing and a hug to the bonnie wee lass xx
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2014, 02:48 PM
Bella is a really brave, bold and feisty little dog isn't she. Braver than me ... I certainly wouldn't be sticking my head in there in a hurry