Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-06-2011, 07:18 PM

Vetphone service

Has anyone used the vetphone service ..?
Or even heard anything about it ??#]
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2011, 07:19 PM
It's a blank with me but we've been in Germany for the last 4 years. What's it all about?
SRS Scotland
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

12-06-2011, 07:36 PM
i think we have this as part of our pet insurance with more than, but have never used it. in fairness have never needed to.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2011, 08:22 PM
I think it is an optional extra or something with Petplan, but I have never used it........however, I know someone who did and it seems to be a useful tool for very minor things that you are unsure about, but anything more than that then they advise you to contact your own vet asap. It makes sense really, because they can't make proper diagnosisisisisisssss without actually seeing the patient.
rossi roo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-06-2011, 12:08 PM
we also have it with our pet insurance i called them once & spoke with a vet nurse she was very helpful & put my mind at rest didnt need to visit the vet
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2011, 12:20 PM
Thankfully my vets have their own emergency service (not farmed out to another company) and have a vet nurse on call 24/7 so when I've had worries after hours I've been able to speak to someone who's advised whether to come in or not. I think it's probably going to be a bit like the NHS Direct line - reassuring you if it's not that serious but most likely they'll advise you to see a vet if they're not sure.
footsieG
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-06-2011, 04:11 PM
Hi, I also have it as part of my insurance, a lot of the vets round here are no longer do night cover, and a vet. Hospital has been set up in one of the practices, when you ring them up they warn you that it cost £126 to walk though the door, but they will give advice over the phone, which I suppose is the same type of thing. Have to say if I felt my animals needed to see the vet whatever the time, they would see a vet.
Tass
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-06-2011, 09:01 PM
If you're a member of Dogs Trust you get third party cover for your dog and 24/7 access to a vet phone advice line. I think it is covered by VNs rather than vets though.