View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Adele4dan
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-08-2006, 01:34 PM

Cracked pads is it normal? (Staffordshire Bull Terrier)

I have noticed today that Gregs pads seem very dry and some have quite deep cracks in. He doesnt seem to be in any discomfort. As I am new to owning a dog im not sure if this is normal? Or if I need to apply anything to them? Everything else is normal and he is not dehydrated. Sorry if im being silly!
sweetmimi
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-08-2006, 04:36 PM
Depends on if he has been walking on a lot of hot ground I think that I would just put some vaselene (sp) on his pads.
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2006, 04:36 PM
Originally Posted by Adele4dan
I have noticed today that Gregs pads seem very dry and some have quite deep cracks in. He doesnt seem to be in any discomfort. As I am new to owning a dog im not sure if this is normal? Or if I need to apply anything to them? Everything else is normal and he is not dehydrated. Sorry if im being silly!
If he is not bothered then you shouldn't be

Its from all the running around on hard ground, Zuki's are hard and dry and occasionally they crack, nothing to worry about unless Greg shows any signs of discomfort
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-08-2006, 05:23 PM
Just leave them. As Donna has said, if he's not bothered, neither should you be. If you put anything on them to soften them up, they won't be fit for purpose!