View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Harleygjc
Dogsey Junior
Male 

08-06-2011, 02:52 PM

Anyone else having virmin (virgin media) problems?

I've been with virmin as I call em now for over 12 yrs, and untill recently have had no problems as such apart from the online gaming side of things which has been going on for two years now!! but over the last few weeks I've had a lot of random cut offs, and over the last three days in a row within five minutes (yes you read that right!) of booting up and using the net just to view a few sites I've been cut off I and most others have been ignored on the so called official forums, I was wondering if anyone else uses em and have been having problems lately?

At the moment and the mood I'm in I'm about to ring em and tell em where to stick/send their so called service to and goto talk talk as we got line rental with em, anyone know what they are like btw? cos they surely can't be much worse than virmin atm.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-06-2011, 02:58 PM
We have been having a go slow ..
My son does play his ps3 a lot i thought we might have been throttled back for over use..
Harleygjc
Dogsey Junior
Male 

08-06-2011, 03:06 PM
they have started using a traffic management system which is running havoc on most online gaming, sounds daft but I have to be using the net for an hr before I can log into Everquest 2 and get no spikes or packet loss, but the last three days now five mins after using the net I've been disconnected! I'm not happy over it and I've had enough now, anyone ever tried to use their so called customer support? last time I did I got a indian who couldn't understand my bristol accent and I ended up slamming the phone down after they said it was my end not theirs!
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-06-2011, 03:17 PM
I bet its in the terms and conditions about over use ...
He will have I player playing on his lappy and be playing online on ps3 for hours ..
have you done a speed test ??
We were getting nigh on 10 meg now of an evening its less than 1...
Harleygjc
Dogsey Junior
Male 

08-06-2011, 03:29 PM
yep I've tried the speedtest a few times, most recent results say I have 5.16 d/l and 0.76 u/l talktalk say they can provide around 11mb service,which, is what I should be getting from virmin, but it's getting worse almost daily now.

They "say" they only throttle your connection if your a heavy downloader and that they support online gaming but there is alot of xbox ps3 and pc users complaing about vm and their lack of help/traffic management which, so they say only comes in at 4pm to midnight! my answer to that I can't print here! but it aint a friendly one, that's why I'm thinking of changing to talktalk.
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2011, 04:02 PM
dont what ever you do go with talk talk....load of s***. we are with sky and have no problems at all
Harleygjc
Dogsey Junior
Male 

09-06-2011, 04:17 PM
ummmm guess who just signed with talk talk for BB today? yep me! I've been talking to a few people I know on everquest who are with tt and they've had no problems as well as the line rental and bb is cheaper than what I'm paying atm, some people say tt are cr*p others say sky are but also people say the same about virmin, ah well will see what happens when my date goes live, it can't be any worse than virmin's connection.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2011, 05:01 PM
Mine is fine.
Harleygjc
Dogsey Junior
Male 

10-06-2011, 11:55 AM
are you cable or adsl (phone)? as the cable services run differently, there is a known problem with the national phone service, in fact there is several problems, if you try online gaming with their phone service you'd see a difference in how they would perform compared to the cable! the traffic management is causing alot of people to leave after getting nowhere with complaining.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2011, 12:05 PM
No problems here (cable), with 2 gamers in the house always online playing
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >