Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
dexter09
New Member!
Male 

18-01-2009, 10:41 AM

puppy injections

hi all, just wondering if anyone could help me??? ive just got my puupy and he is 14week oldas the seller struggled to sell them! one problem tho he hasnt had his injections and from what i have read he should of had the at 8weeks! could anyone tell me what i need to do??? he's getting a bit big now to carry everywhere so i need to get him out and on his feet asap!!!
thanks!!!
colliemagic
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-01-2009, 10:52 AM
He'll be fine, just get his vacs done as soon as you can. He will be fine being introduced to other dogs as long as they have had their vaccinations. Dont put him down where other dogs have walked. We took our pup to friends houses where there were vaccinated dogs before she had her vaccs.

We also took her out in the car before she had her vaccs.

He should have immunity from mum until 12 weeks of age so theres no need to panic. If hes bored because he cant go on walks do some training with him, theres no reason to stop him playing in the garden either.

Hope this helps. Would love to see some pics of your new pup.
dexter09
New Member!
Male 

18-01-2009, 04:06 PM
thanks ill hopefully be getting his 1st jabs tomorrow! ill try and get sum pics on as soon as i work out how to do it im new to the site so just gettin used to it!!
thanks again
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2009, 07:44 PM
welcome to dogsey and your new doglet, you have been given all the advice already, but yes we would love to see pics lets us now how you get on. xx
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2009, 08:10 PM
There's no massive hurry to get dogs vaccs done at 8 weeks. I have never had mine done at this age. Too young in my opinion. It will be a few weeks before he can go out on a lead but that time will pass soon enough. In the meantime you can get on to some training indoors/garden, to keep his brain alert and, as someone else said, he can meet other dogs that have had their vaccs, maybe invite someone with such a dog over for a puppy play session. Good luck with your pup, would love to see pics too
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-01-2009, 09:30 PM
My new pal Thorgeir has his appointment with the doggy-doctor on Friday coming, when he'll be around 11/12 weeks old. He's not going to like it, because the vet will probably stick a thermometer where the sun don't shine...........ooo-errrr!

Snorri