Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2009, 07:46 PM

Camperdown or Craigtoun??

Planning a family day out at Easter and can't decide on whether to go to Camperdown in Dundee or Craigtoun in St Andrews..

Has anyone been to both? which is better......

Kids will be aged from a few weeks (obviously she wont be on anything!) to 13..and the bigger kids too of course
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

27-03-2009, 10:04 PM
Not been to Craigtoun in St Andrews but Camperdown has always been a big hit with Hannah (now 9)

The play park is brilliant and the wildlife park is great esp the wolves and the bears. Great big open parkland for running a dog too.
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2009, 10:44 PM
I agree with Phil, it's a great park.
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2009, 08:49 AM
I'd definitely agree with Camperdown and if you take the dogs can I come and get some Mal cuddles?(its about 5 minutes from my house!)

They sually have radiao tay there with freebies and entertainment, there is the play area and the wildlife park and then at the top of the park there is putting, the duck pond and lots of nice walking. And for the bigger kids there is the birkhill inn after you have been to the parkjust at the the north east of the park which has outside seatinmg and an outside play area and does brilliant steak pie! Tough I would definitely book there if its easter Sunday you are going.

Craigtoun doesn't allow dogs, and although it has the pedalos etc I'd still opt for Camperdown
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2009, 10:01 AM
Not sure of the day yet..Dogs will be coming..depending on the heat will depend where they are..Cuddles are usually given freely as long as they can be accompanied by proper snuggles and kisses at YOUR height..Cruiser does proper people cuddles you see..as in back legs paws around neck and snuggles in..

I was looking on the Camperdown website..and I see prices for the wildlife park but not for actual admission to the park and fairground..can someone explain how the pricing works..or is is like a fairground and you pay for what you go on? and then pay to get in the wildlife park..
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2009, 12:57 PM
Louise entry to the park itself is free, and you can wander till your heart is content. They usually charge for car parking on Easter Sunday though I think it was £2 a car. The fairground area used to be just like a fairground and it used to be prices for like a 5 ride ticket or similar (though I will find out as hopefully this will be part of my new job - working in the park willl get back to you with definites for prices) The wildlife bit and the putting/pitch and putt are pay seperately

People height cuddles from Cruiser would be absolutely most welcome paws and all!!
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2009, 01:03 PM
He's a good boy though when he has cuddles and puts all his weight in his back legs..you hardly feel him at all..apart from the snuffles and stuff in your ears!

That would be great if you could find out whether I need a mortgage to pay for the day LOL...

It will most likely be the Monday as I work nights....and work every Sunday night..and I don't want to be rushing back for work..I will just pull an allnighter and be a grumpy cow all day Monday LOL

I have emailed them but I might be there before I get an answer!!
**Leanne**
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-03-2009, 11:13 PM
Camperdown is always a big hit with my little sister who's 7 now. And kepts her amused for hours!! And my dogs always love Camperdown and templeton woods.
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2009, 08:42 AM
Louise spoke to one of the guys who works at the park and he said the carnival is no longer there there is still the rowing boats, and the wee kiddie bikes, a normal play area, the duck pond and acres of space to run, play footie/frisbee, fly kites etc and loads of walking for the four legged kids!!. But no carnival. There is free parking as long as not easter Sunday and of course the wildlife park and he putting etc which is pay as you use. There is no actual charge to get into the park.
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2009, 02:43 PM
Ahhhh oh well..no carnival?? Does that make it better still or worse than Craigtoun??

What size is the play park? CJ just loves to play all day in the park..Ciaran will moan no matter what (He's 13!) and Jay willl just tag along with CJ
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >