Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2008, 07:21 PM

She's been in touch!

The girls at Dog's Trust have emailed me to tell me they have spoken to A's owner, after 3 months of no contact.

Apparently she's missing A like mad and is still trying to get a place to live. So I had to break the news to my brother who was hoping to rehome her. I think he was a little relieved that he wouldn't have to get up at 6am to walk her in the cold dark mornings!

I get the feeling she'll be with us for a good while longer though which I'm pleased about. It's good that her owner is ok and still wants A back, but I'm kind of loathe for her to go back there. She has a pretty good life with us - lots of walks in the countryside, swimming in big puddles, running with bikes and playing with Bryan. But that's the lot of a foster carer - I've known from the start that she won't be with me forever, so I'm just doing the utmost best I can for her while she's here.

On a positive note she's met a German Shepherd and a lurcher this week, had a sniff and then left them alone - no aggressive behaviour at all. I think she's finally becoming less defensive and is realising not all dogs are going to attack her.

Right now she's snoring on the settee next to my OH after an evening snack of a dried duck's neck.

It's a dogs life
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2008, 07:36 PM
oh, what mixed news.

on the one hand, it is nice that her owner still wants her (though I still can't believe she's only made contact once in all that time, but hey, I suppose I don't know her circumstances).

but on the other, A has clearly come on such a long way since she's been with you and I'm sure would've had a lovely life with your brother....I bet he wouldn't really have minded the early mornings once he'd got used to them.

Whatever way it goes, A has been very lucky to have you look after her so well.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2008, 08:05 PM
completely agree with hali.

give her astaffie snuffle from bruno xx
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2008, 08:38 PM
I cant say anymore than hali did, I really do feel for you, its been a bit of a roller coaster ride for you with her, hugs xxx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2008, 06:26 AM
I don't know how you cope with the "giving them back" bit - my heart would break every time...... as I'm sure yours does. Hugs x0x0x
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2008, 11:21 AM
Thanks guys.

Vicki - A is my first foster dog so I don't know how it's going to feel giving her back. But I'm prepared as I can be for it, I know it's going to happen and I'm guessing the next foster dog will be along shortly afterwards!