Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2008, 10:03 AM

Hormones

God, I am so hormonal at the moment.

Before we got married the Doctors were discussing that I might have Poly cystic ovaries/endometreosis etc (ongoing, long story) but didn't want to do anything until after the wedding in case it messed with my hormones too much.

So, I'm now in the first stages of investigation and have had to come off the pill (Cerazette - brilliant Pop pill, no periods, controlled moods, great skin etc) for a month to have a blood test.

So, a week before we got a puppy I came off the pill. What a wally! I am having the most amazing mood swings, cross between wanting to stab someone and cry at anything (I burst into tears singing a song the other day because the lyrics moved me so much ;o). I also have lumps the size of golf balls in my boobs, which are swollen, tender and very sore (I have fibrocystic breast tissue so this is normal when hormonal)! Apparently I should also expect to bleed. Nothing yet, but horrendous pains.

How rubbish! any advice, suggestions on how to get through this? I'm sure Woody is picking up on it all, even though I remove myself from him (and husband) if I'm feeling cross (for their safety!! ;o)
artemis
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-11-2008, 06:13 PM
OMG! You are having a rough time at the moment. No real advice to give but I hope it will calm down soon. I am sure that it will and you will be back to feeling good again. My only experience of this is just before my period when I get really emotional with the sad song stuff and the next minute am a crazed mad woman! We women have a lot to put up with!
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2008, 09:17 PM
I came off of Cerazette about 4 weeks ago.... and am having my first period in about 3 months at the moment..... and it's not nice.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2008, 11:29 PM
I feel for you, Pidge, I really do.

I came off Dianette (pill) about 6 weeks or so ago and had terrible mood swings for about 4 weeks after that. Feeling a lot better now though so moods do (hopefully!) improve in time. We'll see, eh?!

I hope that it turns out that you don't have PCOS. It was suspected I had that for a short while but it turned out that I don't.

All the best.
Ness
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-11-2008, 02:51 AM
Evening Primrose/Starflower...any of these work for me, sounds like you would need the extra strength ones at the mo...

Who'd be a woman!!!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2008, 09:35 AM
You poor thing..... hope there's some improvement soon honey - hugs to you x0x