Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2008, 11:57 AM

It would appear...

that it is possible to still hurt my knee whilst using a scooter instead of walking

This is probably due to zooming up a very, very badly surfaced road (with dally in tow) at 8mph! (Speed demon, that's me! )

I really should write to the council about our road... whilst it is great fun (very much like off roading!) I am now suffering...
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2008, 11:59 AM
Oh Lottie you are accident prone. poor you. ((((hugs)))). I would complain. you never know you might be eligable for some compensation worth a try
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2008, 12:06 PM
LOL I should give it a try shouldn't I elaine!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2008, 12:07 PM
Poor you Lottie
I really think you should contact the council and make them aware of the state of the road.............and cut your speed
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2008, 12:21 PM
Nippy, we have tried but they're not too interested in the state of the road due to it not being a bus route

I should point out that the road is double parked and when there's a car coming behind you, it's best to get upto fastest possible speed until you can pull in somewhere to let them pass I can't use the pavements around here because they're not wide enough, no drop kerbs and the bin men leave the bins right in the middle of the pavement!
AiredaleKate
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-10-2008, 09:55 AM
My mum lives in Sheffield (and I think somewhere nearish to you from the places you've said you've walked your doggies), and everytime we go up to Sheffield to visit her we cannot believe how bad the roads are.

Sorry about you knee, hope it improves quickly.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2008, 11:14 AM
Thanks Kate,

Yep the roads are attrocious! I've been all the way upto the Bolehills from Crookesmoor this morning (dally running alongside scooter) and it's a bloody good job I chose a scooter with double suspension!
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

31-10-2008, 11:52 AM
Hi Lottie I would styill get onto the council . Just think of the wear and tear it is causing to your sccoter, never mind your poor knee. Also I thought it was illegal to use the scooter on the road and you had to keep to the pavement.(I know this is sometimes impossible), but by how you describe the pavements I would think the council should do something. Ask at your local Disability Forum as I would think they are duty bound to make it safe for disabled persons. As your scooter is not a road licensed vehicle.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2008, 04:09 PM
Lovezois,

I will try getting onto the council, but my scooter is 'class 3' which makes it perfectly road legal Even if some road users don't think so and beep at me despite there being absolutely nowhere I can go

I pull in everytime I see a car coming behind me and wait for it to pass - I do this (even though I'm not required to) because I'm being courteous and then some chuff in a van beeps at me because there happens to be nowhere to pull into at that moment in time. What exactly did he think that would acheive?? I couldn't speed up as was going max speed and I couldn't pull in.
So I slowed down

Sorry rant over

But yes, it is road legal and it's a good job because there aren't drop kerbs around here!

I'll try again with the council