Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2008, 07:56 AM

Spooky dream-can anyone help analyse?

Morning, My hubby had a really spooky dream last night, and now im a bit worried....

Early hours of this morning I woke up, I had had a nightmare, but thats not unusual for me! But hubby woke up at the same time in a cold sweat, he too had had a nightmare....

he had dreamt that he was already dea, and that his grandad (who has died) came to him and said 'don't worry, Im here to look after you, and sophie is here too(his old dog)'

Now I wouldnt have thought any more of this dream, but it was a year ago this morning that he dies...and when i looked at the clock, it was 4am...the time he died too...

Im really worried now that something is going to happen to him! Could just be a coincidental dream, I really hope so. I hope the 'death' aspect means a 'new beginning' instead!!!

Any ideas? xxx
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2008, 08:01 AM
It's probably just a coincidence or his subconscience was aware of the date and the time so these the thoughts of his grandfathers death were already in his mind.

Personally i don't believe that dreams usually mean anything.

I listened to a program about coincidence recently and they explained, in loads of complicated detail, just how coincidence and chance worked and that we only notice things when something happens that means something to us, we don't notice the millions of times that things happen that don't mean anything to us!

I'm sure it was just a dream, subconscious sorting thoughts and ideas out, worrying about it could make something happen as you and he will be looking out for something to happen and interpreting normal eveyday things.
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2008, 10:16 AM
Usually when someone dreams they have dies it means a new beginning or starting something new.

When you get a visit from someone who has died it means they are giving you advice. Or rather, your subconcious is giving you advice in the form of the person who has passed away.

I think with it being his grandad it could be reassurance that he needed with something new he is going to do.

HTH x
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2008, 10:36 AM
I have to agree, dreaming of death usually means new beginnings.
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2008, 11:57 AM
Thank you, I really hope it means new beginnings.. Thre are a few things we are both thinking of starting new...so it could be an indicator to go for it?! xxxx
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2008, 09:07 PM
i would say its a positive thing , he is just watching over him ,looking after him , ive had dreams like that ,its just like you are with the person that has past over .
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2008, 07:10 AM
Originally Posted by queenwillow View Post
i would say its a positive thing , he is just watching over him ,looking after him , ive had dreams like that ,its just like you are with the person that has past over .
It is rather spooky isnt it... He has applied for a new job, and has had 2 interviews for it, and is awaiting to hear if he is through to the next stage...so i hope its a positive vibe for this... xxx