Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2008, 06:10 PM

It's not always the younger guys

that own SBT's who are a little wayward . I thought of Catrinsparkles post today and smiled why well........
We went to Babbs Mill this afternoon with the trio, it poured down, but they weren't put off. We'd just crossed over one of the bridges that crossed the river and was taking the path leading up hill to the wide open space on the other side. Skye and Bruce had run ahead when we hear a squeal, someone shout, a bit of a growl and scuffle then over the top of the hill came Skye looking very sheepish, tail between her legs, followed by a rather large white and tan SBT with a old guy holding on the collar for grim death, being chased by Bruce, who was far from pleased. Skye ran passed me to Patrick and hid behind his legs, one large SBT stopped dead infront of me the owner (man in his late 60's at least) was lying face down on the ground still holding onto his dogs collar and Bruce stopped short of him.
As I looked down at the ground I was greeted by ''Sorry (panting) he snapped at your dog (that was Skye) I tried to grab him but he pulled me down''
We helped him to his feet and he promptly put his dog on a lead, bided us a farewell and walked off..........Plastered from head to toe in mud.

Sorry but we were in raptures, I nearly wet myself laughing, it was like one of the carry on films.
Skye is fine, Bruce had all his hackles up (protecting Skye) and we had the stitch through laughing so much
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2008, 06:13 PM
Oh dear.... but well done Bruce, defending his lady!!
k9xxb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2008, 06:15 PM
LOL You certainly have some adventures Glad everyone ok including the poor man who probably felt a wee tad stupid
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2008, 06:16 PM
I bet that was such a sight to see, no wonder you were in stitches (shame you couldn't get a pic)

Poor guy though, sounds like his dog is a bit too much for him.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2008, 06:24 PM
Originally Posted by settagirl View Post
Oh dear.... but well done Bruce, defending his lady!!
I'm going to call him the Protector..........
Originally Posted by k9xxb View Post
LOL You certainly have some adventures Glad everyone ok including the poor man who probably felt a wee tad stupid
I think he did, I couldn't really hide the fact that I was laughing Pat going ''you alright mate''
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
I bet that was such a sight to see, no wonder you were in stitches (shame you couldn't get a pic)

Poor guy though, sounds like his dog is a bit too much for him.
Oh! I am still laughing about it, I wish I had got the camera, he just suddenly appeared over the hill and slide down towards us.....it was a old SBT too. Don't think Skye was over impressed though
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2008, 08:31 PM
Glad poor Skye is alright and he bouncer was there to protect her.

Poor guy, how embarrassing for him to be pulled over by his own dog I mean, I would never let that happen to me would I

Why do we never have cameras when these things happen
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2008, 08:34 PM
brilliant xx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2008, 08:46 PM
Superb! You have no idea how GOOD the pictures are in my head of this incident
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-09-2008, 07:18 AM
Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
Glad poor Skye is alright and he bouncer was there to protect her.

Poor guy, how embarrassing for him to be pulled over by his own dog I mean, I would never let that happen to me would I

Why do we never have cameras when these things happen
I know and I said half way there 'Damn I forgot the camera, Aw well It's p'ing down won't really need it'
Originally Posted by inkliveeva View Post
brilliant xx
It was a classic
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Superb! You have no idea how GOOD the pictures are in my head of this incident
I'm still giggling to myself, if he had a wife I bet she said''what the hell happened to you''
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2008, 05:56 PM
lol ickle bruce has been playing the big brother again then lol ,skye has got the right idea , poor old devil ,he would be better with a lap dog wouldnt he
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >