Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2008, 08:34 AM

What "type" of dog would you NOT own?!

What "type" of dog would you NOT consider owning??

I would like this to be a fun thread and let me get to know you better, lol!

NOT for breed bashing, you do not have to mention a specific breed.

Possible examples are:

Sizes - maybe you prefer big dogs!
Sex
Hairy dogs - too much like hard work!
Dogs that are known to have poor recall or are harder to train.
Dribblers - enough said!

I am sure you will think of others.
I will add mine later.

Please dont get offended if someone mentions a type that is like your own. If we all had or liked the same dogs the world would be a dull place.
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2008, 08:40 AM
I'm afraid i am not a fan of the toy breeds, i like my dogs to be big and meaty! LOL

A cocker is about as small as like them. (terriers are the exception to this as no one has told any terrier born that they are a little dog)

Also i agree with the Dribblers thing . . . .EWWWWWW
kingbenny
Dogsey Senior
Male 

12-08-2008, 08:43 AM
Just GSD for me, I know they are great dogs and I have nothing against them but i was bitten by one as a kid and still have the scar, I like them with other people but don't feel I could bond with them as much as other breeds.

I probably wouldn't look too good with a Poodle either!
Bilclarie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-08-2008, 08:44 AM
Small or hairy and to have one thats both!!!!!!!!!!

Mo and the Gang
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2008, 08:49 AM
Similarly to Razcox, i don't think i would ever own a toy breed. I also would not own an EBT, i think they are great, funny etc etc but would not own one! We have one in class at the moment and i don't think i have the space or the inclination to own one.....odd really seeing as i already have a SBT!

I wouldn't want a hairless dog either.

Or a breed that had a lot of health issues due to breeding, e.g. difficulty breathing or giving birth.

I would love to have the space and money for a giant breed though!
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2008, 08:49 AM
I wouldn't want a "hairy" dog, e.g. one that needed lots of grooming. It's not that I don't like the actual breeds, it's just that I don't think I'd have the time for grooming etc.

I also prefer "larger" dogs.... although not when my 2 decide to use me as a cushion!
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2008, 08:54 AM
Originally Posted by kingbenny View Post
Just GSD for me, I know they are great dogs and I have nothing against them but i was bitten by one as a kid and still have the scar, I like them with other people but don't feel I could bond with them as much as other breeds.

I probably wouldn't look too good with a Poodle either!

I feel the same about Westies, we had one when i was little that had a skrew loose! She had a split peronality (sp?) one min she was fine and playing or getting fuss the next she would growl and snap. She bit me when i was little ( i was sat on the floor playing with my toys and she walked past, there was plenty of room and i didn't make any sudden movements, then turned and bit my face!).

Now some friends of the family have one and i just can't bond with it. I'm sure she is a lovely pup but i just don't like her!
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2008, 08:56 AM
I would not want a breed that is known to have a bad recall even with a lot of training, I love to watch my dogs run and leap through water(and mud)!
And I prefer bigger breeds of dogs! But I wouldnt say never to a small one!
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2008, 09:00 AM
Thinking about it i don't think i would have a terrier either....even though i have a bull terrier. I used to really dislike JRTs but now i think they can be great little dogs,.......but i don't think i have the time for one.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2008, 09:03 AM
For us here...

Well Patrick isn't keen on small breeds, and he is not sure about Rotti's, but that is because round here most Rotti's are manic...down to the owner not the breed me thinks.

For me........ Any breed know to have re-call issues. God I respect those people that have breeds like that.

Tiny breeds that I would tread on (accidentally)

And Dribblers...................UGH
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >