Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2008, 10:12 PM

What would you do? Dog Bite!

Scenario:

15year old out with friends..drinking (yeah I know underage!)..hanging out..having fun..

Decides to have a pee at the side of a fence in a dark corner (yeah I know!!)

Dog bites her through the fence!!!!

Owner comes out..she tells him the dog bit her..he doesn't beleive her..
He puts the dog away comes back out and asks what happened..she shows him the bite and he says "oh well...sorry"

I've seen the bite..its not a huge bite but its broken the skin and is quite a mess..not needing treatment but it will be badly bruised..

(I have since bathed it and covered it and stuff)..

Dog was a 5month old mastiff

What would you do though??

Report it to the police or not?
janie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2008, 10:15 PM
i`d say not.. as the dog was in it`s own garden and probably protecting it`s territory.. even though there never a really a good enough reason for a dog to bite... these things do happen. As long as she`s OK... i`d leave it at that.
SR
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-08-2008, 10:32 PM
Nope i wouldn't report it either,
i'd be more angry at someone peeing at my fence in the first place which is illegal anyway.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-08-2008, 10:34 PM
I would say its difficult, if it was my child I would be annoyed they are p***ing outside, but that aside it would all depend on how the owners attitude was.
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2008, 10:35 PM
I wouldn't report it either, though might be worth it as the girl would probably get a good talking too about drinking underage and peeing in a public place, which is def an offence.
Greyhawk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2008, 10:38 PM
Nothing - I would also be rather annoyed to find a teenager peeing at my fence and they must have been pretty close for the dog (whom was in the garden) to nip them. Also given the age of the dog (5 months) I would be more inclined to think it was done out of exuberance or fright rather than malice.

As has been mentioned, if it is reported the girl would probably get in more trouble for underage drinking and urinating in public.
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2008, 10:39 PM
The girl has had a good talking too!..

I am inclined to report it due to the fact the fence is on the corner of the main street and I would be concerned if a child was passing by..

And I feel regardless of the underage drinking and illegal peeing..still doesn't give a dog the ok to bite
Greyhawk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2008, 10:42 PM
Originally Posted by Louise13 View Post
I am inclined to report it due to the fact the fence is on the corner of the main street and I would be concerned if a child was passing by..
If the owner is approachable (and he seems to be from your first post) then I would be inclined to speak to them first about getting the fence repaired (or putting up fencing that the dog cannot nip through) given the fact that it is only a puppy.
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2008, 10:46 PM
I think actually I would go round to the house in the daytime, and mention that the fencing needs to be more secure.
Was the up able to get through the fence because of it's size? ie as it grows will it still be able to get through.

I still don't think I'd report it, not unless you have a friendly community beat officer you can have a word with.

It was a 5month pup who saw or rather sensed someone strange near his property in the dark. I wouldn't want to think of something getting out of hand if it was reported officially as a complaint.
SR
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-08-2008, 10:47 PM
Good sensible advice Greyhawk,
poor pup in trouble all because of drink at the end of the day.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »