Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2008, 07:22 AM

Good morning everyone !

Morning all,

Went out for a gorgeous Indian meal last night. This particular restaurant has been closed for a year. We’ve been customers of theirs for 20 years, and we were really stunned when it closed. Apparently the original owner sold it (we had no idea) and then the new owners bankrupted it. Anyhow, the old owner’s son has reopened it, newly refurbished, with the original chef.

We were delighted to see him last night, where he waited on us personally all night. The food was outstanding, just as we remembered it, and at the end of the meal, he refused to give us a bill. He said “if you eat here for the next ten years for free, you still paid for the last 20 years”. Wasn’t that lovely?

Off for my knee x-ray at 11 – have to go on the bus, and I hate pubic (yes, I spelt that right) transport .

Have a great Saturday, everyone, and stay safe

Today’s gem :
I'd kill for a Nobel Peace prize
Clair
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2008, 07:26 AM
Morning Vicki, morning everyone, what wonderful weather we are having today

2 ill children with chicken pox and one 'man flu' riddled partner, today is going to be just great

Hope everyone has a good saturday
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-06-2008, 07:27 AM
Morning all

Glad you enjoyed your meal Vicki
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2008, 07:28 AM
Morning Vicki, morning all

how lovely you were treated so well at the Indian. x

hope the x-ray goes ok - though I'd be inclined to raid my piggy bank for a taxi!!

have a great day everyone x
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2008, 07:34 AM
Fingers crossed Vicki for the hospital hun I hate pubic transport too....
Well its raining here, dark and grey skies, I suppose the only bonus is, with my boys having kennel cough, I can't take them out anyway The coughing has virtually receeded though, so not much longer to wait, thankfully Deacon's foot is on the mend too
Well have a great day all!
Claire xx
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

21-06-2008, 07:42 AM
Morning Vicki, morning all.

Nice and sunny here which is good as the grass needs cutting. Waiting for Hannah to turn up as she stayed over at a friends last night which was fab as it meant Karen and I managed a trip to the local pub.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-06-2008, 07:58 AM
Morning Vicki, morning all. Hope the x-ray goes ok and you don't have too long too wait. You can always say you will miss your bus if they keep you waiting.
No seriously hope the public transport isn't too bad our youngest Michael use to walk rather than use the bus, if the car wasn't available.
Gorden is doing scrambled eggs on toast for brekkie and has just had an idea about putting Baileys in instead of milk or cream I have managed to persuade him not a good idea.
Drizzly rain here today, and Ollie has just had a manic 5 minutes thinking it is great fun to play tug with our hands or arms.
Have a good day all. at todays gem.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2008, 08:00 AM
Morning Vicki and Everyone

Bit dull and dreary down here this morning. I haven't taken Georgie out yet coz I had to stay in whilst the helper was doing Mum coz Dave's taken my car off to work on it today and give it a good service, it's great having a car doctor as a hubby, all done for free!

I'm off out with Georgie now, coz mum will be ok for 20 mins. or so, she's got her orders not to move!

Good luck with the x-ray Vicki and I hope you get there ok on the old public (yes I think I spelt that right too!Lol at you there!!!)transport system. Enjoy your week-end everyone even though it's a bit dreary on the weather front.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2008, 08:04 AM
Originally Posted by Clair View Post
Morning Vicki, morning everyone, what wonderful weather we are having today

2 ill children with chicken pox and one 'man flu' riddled partner, today is going to be just great

Hope everyone has a good saturday
Morning Clair

Originally Posted by Carole View Post
Morning all

Glad you enjoyed your meal Vicki
Morning Carole - thanks hon x

Originally Posted by MissE View Post

how lovely you were treated so well at the Indian. x

hope the x-ray goes ok - though I'd be inclined to raid my piggy bank for a taxi!!

have a great day everyone x
Morning Pat - tempting......

Originally Posted by settagirl View Post
Fingers crossed Vicki for the hospital hun I hate pubic transport too....
Well its raining here, dark and grey skies, I suppose the only bonus is, with my boys having kennel cough, I can't take them out anyway The coughing has virtually receeded though, so not much longer to wait, thankfully Deacon's foot is on the mend too
Well have a great day all!
Claire xx
Morning Claire - all good news hon

Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Morning Vicki, morning all.

Nice and sunny here which is good as the grass needs cutting. Waiting for Hannah to turn up as she stayed over at a friends last night which was fab as it meant Karen and I managed a trip to the local pub.
Morning Phil

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Morning Vicki, morning all. Hope the x-ray goes ok and you don't have too long too wait. You can always say you will miss your bus if they keep you waiting.
No seriously hope the public transport isn't too bad our youngest Michael use to walk rather than use the bus, if the car wasn't available.
Gorden is doing scrambled eggs on toast for brekkie and has just had an idea about putting Baileys in instead of milk or cream I have managed to persuade him not a good idea.
Drizzly rain here today, and Ollie has just had a manic 5 minutes thinking it is great fun to play tug with our hands or arms.
Have a good day all. at todays gem.
Morning Lynn

Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Morning Vicki and Everyone

Bit dull and dreary down here this morning. I haven't taken Georgie out yet coz I had to stay in whilst the helper was doing Mum coz Dave's taken my car off to work on it today and give it a good service, it's great having a car doctor as a hubby, all done for free!

I'm off out with Georgie now, coz mum will be ok for 20 mins. or so, she's got her orders not to move!

Good luck with the x-ray Vicki and I hope you get there ok on the old public (yes I think I spelt that right too!Lol at you there!!!)transport system. Enjoy your week-end everyone even though it's a bit dreary on the weather front.
Morning Aitch

It's piddling rain here

Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2008, 08:13 AM
Morning Vicki, & All

We had curry last night too, passanda - yum yum!! Well that was really decent of them, pleased you had a good ruby murrey

Been raining overnight so won't have to get the hose out this morning - well not to water the garden anyhow

Wishing you all a lovely weekend x
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >