View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-05-2008, 12:23 PM

I solved my AOL Broadband problem simply!

It was really easy - I sacked them. All their silly wee plastic boxes are on their way back to AOL Prat HQ. Their router wouldn't connect, and it kept telling me that I had no wireless card in the laptop (I do).

I am not going to pay twenty-odd quid a month for crap like this, even if AOL are going to discontinue dialup for Macs soon. I'm going to find a new provider, one whose stuff actually works. AOL have always had a down on Macs, and now it's going to lose them members.

Has anyone got any suggestions for a DECENT ISP?

Snorri
bajaluna
Almost a Veteran
Female 

31-05-2008, 12:28 PM
no suggestions but thanks for the giggle xxxxx
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-05-2008, 03:56 PM
Well, I've spent a bit of time today browsing the websites of BB providers.

What I'm curious about now is - what have they got against having a "contact us by e-mail" facility? Can't their staff read?

Snorri
(getting angrier by the minute)
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2008, 04:39 PM
Originally Posted by Snorri the Priest View Post
Well, I've spent a bit of time today browsing the websites of BB providers.

What I'm curious about now is - what have they got against having a "contact us by e-mail" facility? Can't their staff read?

Snorri
(getting angrier by the minute)
If my dealings with these kind of things are anything to go by...then no, a lot of them can't flipping read
galty
Dogsey Senior
Male 

31-05-2008, 04:45 PM
try U Switch

http://www.uk-switch.co.uk/?sid=arte...ew_general_1ex
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-05-2008, 04:57 PM
Just had a useful chat on the phone, with a guy from Sky - their TV/phone/broadband packages sound quite good, so I'm getting more info. Trouble is, we are going to have to move out of Snorri Mansions for about 4 months, while Social Services "adapt" it ("For your convenience, we are temporarily destroying your house"), so I will probably have to wait until then for BB :-(

Snorri
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2008, 09:54 PM
I also had major probs with aol and the staff were VERY rude on the phone to me Now with bt...
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2008, 10:08 PM
We have the Sky package and apart from a system failure one day we have had good service.The only downside is that if you do have aproblem you get passed from pillar to [post through their help system. It also seems to involve numerous phone calls and several cut off conversations.
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2008, 10:10 PM
Originally Posted by settagirl View Post
I also had major probs with aol and the staff were VERY rude on the phone to me Now with bt...

Im with AOL and when they get rude i get rude back and quote there false advertising etc etc and give them hell, it has got to be now that i say put on someone i can understand.

And then if they are rude to me, i return the favour with kind.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

01-06-2008, 11:52 AM
Originally Posted by Snorri the Priest View Post
Well maybe not but IMO opinion it's more to do with the modern business practice of keeping customers at arms length, and communicating in one direction only i.e. them to you

Not having to receive incomming mail makes life much easier for business's

As long as you fit the profile of a typical customer you're OK but as soon as you move outside that profile you're in trouble. I am always having problems with on line forms because my post code doesn't match the UK format and some IT dumbo has decided that if your post code isn't XX99 9XX format you don't exist
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >