Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2008, 05:28 AM

Good morning everyone !

Morning all,

A busy morning for me, and I’d like to nip to the local cash and carry to try and get some squash if I can, so I need to get a wriggle on.

For some reason not one supermarket is stocking Robinsons Fruit & Barley Citrus. I’ve tried them all and it’s driving me nuts. Every couple of years this flavour goes on the missing list. It’s the only one I like (typical) – I’m on a mission!

Have a great day, everyone, and stay safe!

Today’s gem :
A guy goes to his local church during the week to see the priest and confess his sins. He goes into the confessional box and says, "Father during the week I said the F-word."

The priest says, "Well my son, say 3 Hail Mary's and your sins will be forgiven."

The guy however was quite eager to explain to the priest why he had used the F-word and grudgingly the priest agreed to listen to his explanation.

"Well I was playing golf last Sunday instead of coming to church," said the guy.

"Is that why you said the F-word?" the priest asked.

"No," the guy replied. "I was on the first tee and I duck hooked my drive into this terrible rough."

"No," the guy replied getting quite annoyed with the constant interruptions to his story. "My ball took a lucky kick out of the rough and I was left with a perfect shot to the green."

"No," the guy said. "As I went to play my ball a squirrel grabbed it and took off with it."

"No," the guy replied. "As the squirrel was running away with my ball an eagle swooped down on it and took off with the squirrel and my ball."

"No," the guy replied. "The eagle dropped the squirrel over the green and the ball rolled out of its mouth and finished 5 inches from the hole."

The priest said, "Don't tell - me you missed the f***ing putt!"
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2008, 05:34 AM
Morning Vicki, morning all. Another dry sunny day today. The whole IT department has been summoned by the new chief executive, probably to do with the recent departure of the head of ICT! We shall see what she has to say this afternoon. Good luck on your squash hunt Vicki. Let me know if you can't get it and I'll look for it here and bring a care package to Peterborough! Have a good Thursday everyone.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2008, 05:40 AM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
Morning Vicki, morning all. Another dry sunny day today. The whole IT department has been summoned by the new chief executive, probably to do with the recent departure of the head of ICT! We shall see what she has to say this afternoon. Good luck on your squash hunt Vicki. Let me know if you can't get it and I'll look for it here and bring a care package to Peterborough! Have a good Thursday everyone.
Morning Jackie - thanks hon, I appreciate it. Hope your meeting goes well xx
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2008, 05:49 AM
morning
still chasing the gp for dan's change of drugs - only been doing it for the last 3 days. alledgedly they didnt receive either the fax or the letter the consultant sent. going to go back today and hopefully get a perscription.

got other 'stuff' to do today - spent hours out with blackie yesterday. dan also enjoyed his day in college and met up with some other young people that left his school last year.

have a good day all and i hope you find the squash

sue
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2008, 06:07 AM
Morning Vicki......and Morning Everyone...and It is a really good morning.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2008, 06:10 AM
Originally Posted by Blackie's Mum View Post
morning
still chasing the gp for dan's change of drugs - only been doing it for the last 3 days. alledgedly they didnt receive either the fax or the letter the consultant sent. going to go back today and hopefully get a perscription.

got other 'stuff' to do today - spent hours out with blackie yesterday. dan also enjoyed his day in college and met up with some other young people that left his school last year.

have a good day all and i hope you find the squash

sue
Morning Sue

Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Morning Vicki......and Morning Everyone...and It is a really good morning.
Morning Stephanie x0x0x0x0x

Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2008, 06:11 AM
Morning all,
Another bad day yesterday when I opened my post, although there was a small glimmer of hope later on. In addition, a lot of small things are not happening that should have, I have almost got used to Envirofone STILL not sending my payment and that's been going on for SIX MONTHS now (don't touch them! ) but I'm waiting for quotes to fix my kitchen so Homebase can be forced into sorting out that mess which has been ongoing since November 2006, a classified ad to sell something didn't appear as they "forgot" to put it in, I ordered two copy marriage certificates over the internet as I need to renew my passport so I can use it for ID and they sent one, the bank are cutting up rough and have their facts wrong the list goes on.....
At least the dogs are fine although Deccy is on hunger strike full time. I might take him to the lake this morning for a swim again, and see if he will eat anything away from madam who must (surely) be coming down from tart mode any time now The promised rain hasn't materialised yet ...... so it's not all bad!
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2008, 06:17 AM
Morning Vicki, morning all

Hope you find your squash my favourite is the Pear and I haven't seen that on the shelves for a good couple of years

Hope you all have a good one

Christine
Teddysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-05-2008, 06:23 AM
Morning Vicki, morning all.
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2008, 06:25 AM
Morning Vicki, morning all ( good luck on the "citruis" hunt )

Another lovely day, but will be covered today as got caught out yesterday having lunch with a friend outside

Looks like I may be taking a dunk with the boys in the pool later

Have a good day all x
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >