View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2008, 09:25 PM

Just passed out, could be due to phobia?

Im feeling a little embarassed really, I went for tea with my mum and dad tonight as OH away, and I asked my mum how her friends finger is (she chopped it off in a garage door...ouch) and as my mum was telling me about it....things started to detiorate. I know I am rather squeamish when it comes to injuries, my feet tingled and I continued to listen. My mum then went on to talk about when she got bit by a horse on the face...and at that point I blacked out, sweat pouring...and I had to lay down.... It was horrible...

My mum sais I must have a phobia...I just hope this doesnt happen again as I felt really ill for about 15 minutes, and in front of anyone in the pub who was there....

Just thoughgt I would share my bizarre experience with you, has anyone else had this happen to them??
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2008, 10:05 PM
I have only fainted twice in my life so far, the one i dont know why and they other i was really ill.
I dont know how old you are but you could be pregnant or your phobia but there could be loads of reasons why.
Not nice for you though.
mse2ponder
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2008, 10:26 PM
oh dear! i have fainted about three times so far.. once in a hospital when i went to see my gran after her hip op., once when i was on work experience at a vets watching a castration, and once when i was having my holiday jabs last year.. the thing is i'm not really squeamish.

when i fainted in the doctor's surgery (convenient place!) i was out for a while and i had to have a blood test and my blood pressure taken a few times.. the test came back fine and it just turned out that i had low blood pressure, and certain situations (medical ones in my case!) can just cause a drop in blood pressure and thus, a faint!

i'd pop to your doctor because it can be a sign of anaemia, but it's more likely low bp (which isn't really a problem) that is exacerbated by the phobia.. hope you're ok as it can shake you up a bit.. not nice..
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2008, 10:33 PM
3 times for me, twice when I was pregnant and didn't know, the third time when Paul had had his shoulder operated on, due to it keep dislocating when he used to play rugby, and he got an infection in it.......he showed me the mucky smelly mess.....and it was lights out for me....lol.
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

I've got a cast iron stomach, but when it comes to people describing things like this, I'm out like a light

Give me an animal wound anyday, that I can cope with
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

urm not nice..
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2008, 10:47 PM
I feel like that at the sight of a needle , So I sympathise hun, As its an awful feeling and also very embarrassing xdk
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2008, 10:48 PM
Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
I've got a cast iron stomach, but when it comes to people describing things like this, I'm out like a light

Give me an animal wound anyday, that I can cope with
hERE HERE but I can't have human blood yuk.
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2008, 08:07 AM
Thank you everyone....It really wasnt nice! Im pretty sure Im not pregnant... but anythime someone talks about these types of injuries my feet always tingle and I have to try my hardset to take my mind of it!!! I think it maybe just got too much!

If it happens again, I will deffinately go to the doctor, luckily my mum was with me and she's a nurse...so she helped me breathe and get back to normal...next time I might be on my own??!! xxxx
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2008, 08:16 AM
I've got low bood pressure so if I bend down and then get up too quickly I can pass out! Hasn't happened very often but I didn't get an explanantion for it until a couple of years ago so I'd been worrying all that time. Now I know the reason for it I can prevent it from happening!
Hope you are feeling better now and no need to be embarrassed.
Becky
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >