Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2008, 09:41 AM

Ardrie, dogs roaming the streats

Hi All

On and off my OH has been working in Aridrie {one of the council estates} doing the cavity wall insulation on a council contract,

He came home last night and started telling me all about the dogs
he said,

the dogs all just wander the estate, they dont seem to leave or wander off the estate,
It sounded like lady and the tramp,
As he has been working there for weeks he has got to know all the dogs, there characters and so on,
so a typical day,

he gets there, first to meet them is a small rottie x { she is mainly rotty but with a white strip on her front, } very fine, with a tail,
mega friendly, loves to play fetch, fetch the can, fetch the stone,fetch anything she can find really,
she also loves to get in the van, but not to good at getting out again,
there are also contracters doing roughcasting in the area so she splits her time between bugging the cavity boys and the roughcasters,
Doug was trying to move the van the other day and she had hit the jackpot, she appeard with a football, could he move the van,,,erm no she kept jumping up and smacking the ball of the bonnet with a kick the ball attitude, {she is his fav}
then there is an older terrier cross, hes friendly
his side kick is a compleat mix of breeds a good bit bigger who spends all his time humping the terrier, lol
then there is an old collie cross, she cant be bothered with fetch, she just likes jingernut bikkys and pets,
Doug says when they are extracting the old insulation, she comes and sits right next to them and by the time they are done she is compleatly white covered in the old stuff they are taking out,
so they need to clean her off, {its prob not good for her coat}
then there is a retreiver he is aloof and patrols the estate all day but is not intrested in playing or being petted,
a staffie, and a flippo staffie cross that runs on the road all the time,
he says its so funny, they all hover around UNTILL the postie appears, then!!! they whole lot sod off and follow him, they are not nasty or anything but he says, all these dogs follow him from the first house to the last house, up and down each path, this postie and his pack of mates, hes says its so funny,
with the postie shouting periodicaly at the staffie cross, will yi come eerrr and feckin get oaf the road,

hes gona try n get some photos next week lol
all they guys are buying double lunches cos the dogs are always there at lunch time x
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2008, 09:48 AM
Sounds like the rottie x wants to come home with Douggie - getting in the van but not wanting to get out!

Love the image of the postie doing his rounds with his gang of supporters but it's worrying that the staffies have no road sense.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2008, 09:52 AM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Sounds like the rottie x wants to come home with Douggie - getting in the van but not wanting to get out!

Love the image of the postie doing his rounds with his gang of supporters but it's worrying that the staffies have no road sense.

its amazing that they never seem to get hurt, they all get on well, its like they know there place and just spend there days doing what they do, be it bugging people to play fetch, or bugging folk for a pet, or patroling the bounderys, lol, he did say they all have collars and looked well enough cared for though, x
zoby
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-02-2008, 09:53 AM
gosh, there must be a movie in there somehow......

fabulous images, would love to see the postie with his merry men!

just goes to show when left to their own devices dogs are very friendly and adaptable.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2008, 09:59 AM
Originally Posted by zoby View Post
gosh, there must be a movie in there somehow......

fabulous images, would love to see the postie with his merry men!

just goes to show when left to their own devices dogs are very friendly and adaptable.
I was brought up in a crescent, all the dogs were out and about there too, never any problems or kids bitten or anything, I think it was the norm then, have to say they were mainly x breeds though, but you just dont see it much now,,,dogs being turned out in the morning and left to there own devices x
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2008, 10:11 AM
I have a imagination and just see them sitting at the top of the road, saying to each other here comes our fun for the day, as the contractor's pull into the drive, very funny though but can bring home why people feel the need to let them out?

Ah shona have a heart and bring home the rottie, but if she has a home it will be difficult.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2008, 10:37 AM
I wonder if they have similar converations about the contractors who wander up and down their estate?......

"There`s these guys who turn up in a van everyday........"
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2008, 10:57 AM
Sounds like the estate I grew up as a child, lol it was rare to see someone actually Walking their dogs on a lead, but having said that there was no where near the same number of cars on the roads then, we had an old Austin A40 with holes in the floor and everyone thought we were posh owning a car.

Mo
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2008, 12:00 PM
thats so funny, and what good hearted men they all sound, shame all men are not like that. I would love to see them following the postie I hope they all continue to enjoy what seems to be quite a carefree life..
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2008, 12:22 PM
Originally Posted by Toby View Post
thats so funny, and what good hearted men they all sound, shame all men are not like that. I would love to see them following the postie I hope they all continue to enjoy what seems to be quite a carefree life..
I told dougie to take the camera if he is working there next week, bet its a laugh, hopefully there will be some photos next week x
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >