Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fred&Mya'smum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2008, 10:55 AM

Sore mouth?

I'm a little bit worried about Freddie and have made an appointment at the vets on Friday. He's been off his food for a few days (I thought it's because we've recently changed their food), he never eats a great amount anyway but when he is trying to eat, he's eating very very slowly like he's struggling with it. Last night Mya ate her tea in a few minutes, 15 minutes on and freddie was still eating his tea! Also when I give him a biscuit it's like I have to push it in his mouth almost as he can't seem to open his mouth that far.

To top it all off I've not been using his harness when walking him for the past few days as he's a lot better without it and as I was walking him he stopped and his collar almost came off his head, I hadn't noticed it was that lose and I've had to make another notch in it which means he's lost quite a bit of weight

I've had a look at his teeth and in his mouth and so has my hubby and I can't see any problems with his teeth or swelling or anything - has anyone else experienced this?

Other than that he's fine in himself when out walking and playing with Mya etc
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2008, 11:31 AM
He maybe has a tooth abcess or something simlar from what you are discribing symptom's wise. I hope the vet find's out what is wrong and he get's sorted out, hugs sent to you.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Fred&Mya'smum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2008, 11:33 AM
Thanks, I'm going to see if I can get him in earlier than Friday, don't want to leave him that long really
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2008, 11:47 AM
That's a good idea, you know what it is like with a tooth ache.xxxxxxx
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2008, 12:24 PM
It may even be a sore throat, is he off his water at all?
Fred&Mya'smum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2008, 12:58 PM
No he's drinking a lot of water, I'm trying to get through to the vets now to see if I can bring his appointment forward, fingers crossed.
Thanks for your help all
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2008, 01:32 PM
If they can't fit him in any sooner just go there with him near closing time for the vets, that's what I do with mine if they can't see my pets and they always have a look at the end of surgery being as I'm there and all.
bajaluna
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-02-2008, 02:46 PM
what did the vet say? xx
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2008, 03:08 PM
Well, is your poor puppy ok or has he got to take nasty pills for a few days.
Fred&Mya'smum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2008, 03:17 PM
Sorry forgot to post how we got on.
Went to the vets last night, Fred is fine vet thought either an upset tum or he could have a sore tooth or cut his mouth but he couldn't see anything. He got a jab of antibiotics and an anti-inflammatory jab. I've got to take him back Monday if I'm still worried and they will put him under to examine his teeth/mouth/throat properly but the vet thinks he'll be ok I'm soooo relieved!
He thinks his weight loss is just due to him getting fitter with all the exercise he gets esp now Mya can keep up with him. He said he's not underweight and looks really heathly so nothing to worry about there either
Edited to say he ate his breakfast this morning - yeay!!!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >