Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bribiba
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-12-2007, 10:27 AM

Sickness Virus

We had a frantic call from some friends in the Northumberland Area, last night. Their GSD has been very sick and their vet told them he had seen 5 dogs with the same virus.
Just thought I would let everyone know in case anyone else's dog comes down with it.
Mia was so sick she was bringing up blood and thick mucus, it is a 12 hour virus and the vet recommended no treatment till the 12 hours were up then sips of water.
Mia is much better this morning....

Fran
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2007, 10:29 AM
Thanks for posting Fran , It sounds nasty lets hope not too many poor doglets get it ,Hope Mia feels loads better really soon ,xxdk
Cathy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-12-2007, 10:35 AM
One of mine has just had similar symptoms, my vet hospitalised her for 24 hours with a drip, took bloods and an x-ray but nothing has shown up yet. While she was at the vet she was not sick as soon as we bought her home she was sick again so we are keeping a very close eye on her.
Its very worrying that for some reason there are so many viruses going around, do you think it has anything to do with the floods back in the summer?