Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2007, 03:47 PM

Insurance Assessor to view my Car

Oh God, I've just had a phone call from the assessor - he wants to see my car in Estepona it's bloomin miles away from here!

God I hope I can find it, and to top it off, its on an industrial estate. He cant give me an exact time he's going to be there only said after 3ish. He said there are cafe's there that I could sit and have a coffee - as if - it'll be full of workmen!

I'm one of those people that will only drive where I know I'm really not looking forward to this.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2007, 03:53 PM
You need to think this one out Sharon. Either get someone to go with you and drive???? Or arrange for someone else to be there to meet him???? Or tell him exactly where it is, if you know, and he can look it over himself? Do you know anyone in Estapona that you can contact at all? There must be something you can do. Don't go there alone, I know what you mean driving in a foreign land all on your own, don't know where you're going - been there!!! Think it through carefully.xx
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2007, 03:58 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
You need to think this one out Sharon. Either get someone to go with you and drive???? Or arrange for someone else to be there to meet him???? Or tell him exactly where it is, if you know, and he can look it over himself? Do you know anyone in Estapona that you can contact at all? There must be something you can do. Don't go there alone, I know what you mean driving in a foreign land all on your own, don't know where you're going - been there!!! Think it through carefully.xx
I have to drive my car there for him to view it Helena, I'm getting myself all in a tizz! I have to meet him at a garage that my Insurance company uses! God why cant it be in Feungirola or even Marbella.

I have never driven that far before, I'm trying to get hold of my step daughter to see if she'll come with me, but she's not answering her mobile.

If not - I shall have to go alone - yikes!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2007, 04:02 PM
Have you got a sat nav??? If not can you beg, steal or borrow one???? That'll help!

This is just not on!!! Have you explained to the man, or even the garage come to that, that you are a woman on your own (you can lie!!!) and you can't drive very far because.....because.....because..... well, you'll think of something I'm sure!!!! Try and go about it by phoning him back or the garage itself. There must be a way out of this!!!
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2007, 04:21 PM
Well I managed it! Well actually at the last moment I managed to find a friend to come with me She knew exactly where it was - so that was great!

Cant believe the estimate was for 32 hours labour plus paint and materials - you wouldn't believe that hailstones could cause so much damage Thank god I've got comprehensive insurance - its near enough a complete respray