Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-09-2007, 09:39 AM

How bad can a boss get?

Hi,

Just had my carer in, a stand in, anyway he has told me some news this morning and I just can't believe it.

The manager at the place that does my care has handed in her notice, this is because a few weeks ago she was rushed into hospital to have an emergency hysterectomy (sp). Four days later her boss, the owner of the company started asking her when she was coming back to work, he hounded her, he sent her 20 txt's in one day asking her to come back to work, she did and all the carer's told her to go back home, but she wouldn't. The poor lass is only 30, what a thing to happen to her.

He is a right *&^%

Sorry for the rant but I've had to get it off my chest.

IaN
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2007, 09:55 AM
Originally Posted by Hoggett View Post
Hi,

Just had my carer in, a stand in, anyway he has told me some news this morning and I just can't believe it.

The manager at the place that does my care has handed in her notice, this is because a few weeks ago she was rushed into hospital to have an emergency hysterectomy (sp). Four days later her boss, the owner of the company started asking her when she was coming back to work, he hounded her, he sent her 20 txt's in one day asking her to come back to work, she did and all the carer's told her to go back home, but she wouldn't. The poor lass is only 30, what a thing to happen to her.

He is a right *&^%

Sorry for the rant but I've had to get it off my chest.

IaN
Think someone's pulling your leg as there's no way in h**l she'd be back to work 4 days after a hysterectomy. It takes a very long time to recover and is a serious operation. I really think you need to take a lot of what if being told to you with a pinch of salt Ian.
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2007, 10:02 AM
i agree with wufflehound ian , there is a joker about mate , i myself had a hysterectomy (a total) ,and on the forth day is was still in hospital ,it took me two months before i could get on my feet let allow go to any sort of work , but saying it took me two months i also contracted the hospital super bug and had suffered a heart attack on coming out of anesteic , take it with a pinch of salt hun , take care xxdk
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-09-2007, 10:29 AM
I didn't think you were allowed to drive for at least 6 weeks after a hysterectomy.I knew a couple of women who had this op a few years ago and that was what they were told.
Gorden when he had his appendix out wasn't allowed to drive for 6 weeks either.You are also not meant to do anything which involves heavy lifting for at least 6 weeks or longer.I would be surprised if she even felt up to it and I would of thought she would still be in hospital.
I think they have got their wires crossed on this one.
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2007, 10:34 AM
Agree with others Ian she would hardly be able to get out of bed and walk after 4 days let alone go back to work. Someone is winding you up.
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-09-2007, 10:36 AM
I thought it might bave been a bit of mis communication however he did say that her mum had to drive her everywhere she needed to go.

So I don't know. But to be honest it wouldn't put it past him to try a stunt like that.

Ian
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-09-2007, 10:37 AM
Originally Posted by Heather and Zak View Post
Agree with others Ian she would hardly be able to get out of bed and walk after 4 days let alone go back to work. Someone is winding you up.
Oh, she was in hospital a week, this was supposedly four days after she came home. Sorry if I led you astray.

Ian
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-09-2007, 10:37 PM
I asked my night carer in a round about way about this and it is true, the lass had to be helped from her car to the office and back. She lasted half a day and had to go back home.

That is why she has handed in her notice, no wonder!

And the second in command leaves tomorrow too!

Ian