Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2007, 01:27 PM

Archie's (ahem) "privates"

Hi Guys,

Archie's belly rash has been clearing up nicely. I just lifted him up a few moments ago to check it and noticed that there is a yellow puss coming out from the top of his penis.

Thinking on it, I've noticed that Willow has been licking at it more than usual the last couple of days. (Never, ever in my life did I think I'd be on the internet discussing my dogs bits!!! )

Help! Any thoughts/advice? I've only really dealt with bitches in the past and have no experiance with this kinda thing.
Shirleyc
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-08-2007, 01:32 PM
Fudge has this quite a lot and I took him to the vets about it cos im clueless!! Its normal apparently in unneutered dogs - more to come as well probably!! Ewwww
Glad to hear his rash is sorted though
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2007, 01:35 PM
Originally Posted by Shirleyc View Post
Fudge has this quite a lot and I took him to the vets about it cos im clueless!! Its normal apparently in unneutered dogs - more to come as well probably!! Ewwww
Glad to hear his rash is sorted though
Thanks for your reply.
Archie is neutered. I've never seen any coming from it before, it's not just a little spot, it was about the size of a 50p - Is that normal?
Shirleyc
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-08-2007, 01:42 PM
Eww maybe not then, Fudges was yellow but just little drops. Id ring the vet if I were you just to make sure. Boys are nasty eww

Hope the poor little lad is ok
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-08-2007, 01:45 PM
Evie, did you use anything to clear up the rash or did it clear up on it's own.
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2007, 01:45 PM
Originally Posted by Shirleyc View Post
Eww maybe not then, Fudges was yellow but just little drops. Id ring the vet if I were you just to make sure. Boys are nasty eww

Hope the poor little lad is ok
Thanks. I think the fact that Willow has been showing more interest in Archies bits also has me worried.

Ha, I used to think my sister was mad chatting about worries about her baby boys bits.... and here I now am dicussing my dogs.
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2007, 01:53 PM
Originally Posted by nero View Post
Evie, did you use anything to clear up the rash or did it clear up on it's own.
Hey Nero,

Thanks for asking. I rinsed him off with water after each walk. I had been looking at the shampoos that you and Megan had reccomended, but never got the length of buying yet. I put Aloe vera gel on when it was irritating him. We avoided the "grassier" walks for a few days as well. You can just about make it out now, so hopefully it's dead and gone.

Perhaps the extra bathing is causing the excess "stuff" on his penis.
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-08-2007, 01:56 PM
Originally Posted by Evie View Post
Hey Nero,

Thanks for asking. I rinsed him off with water after each walk. I had been looking at the shampoos that you and Megan had reccomended, but never got the length of buying yet. I put Aloe vera gel on when it was irritating him. We avoided the "grassier" walks for a few days as well. You can just about make it out now, so hopefully it's dead and gone.

Perhaps the extra bathing is causing the excess "stuff" on his penis.
Ah, I think he has an allergy to grass pollen.
elmac13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2007, 02:02 PM
I think I wld call the vet just to get advice. It says in my book 'what's up with your dog?' that excessive discharge could be inflammation of the sheath. Depends on what you would call excessive really!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2007, 03:31 PM
One of my dogs used to get this - totally normal IMO. However, if you're worried, call the vet for an opinion. Good luck.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >