Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2007, 04:50 PM

Huge Set Back With My Knee Today

I'm so upset and annoyed with myself I'm in total agony - had to leave work early today and I never have time off

I was cleaning one of the kennels out at work today because one of the dogs had major diarrhoea and I was sitting on the floor to do it, as I can't crouch or kneel with my knee at the moment.

Anyway I momentarily forgot myself and tried to kneel on my knee I felt the whole knee-cap and wires crunch underneath me and I've been in agony since then. I tried to hobble around work on my crutch for a while (I have one in the office just in case) but it was no good I've been sat in the sofa with my leg up in the air and completely straight since. OH even had to come and pick me up from work because I couldn't drive

I have hyrdrotherapy tomorrow evening and I'm hoping it should be a little better tomorrow.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2007, 04:56 PM
It sounds like you've tried to do a little too much too soon. Make sure you rest completely, I know how long it can take to recover from major surgery and sometimes it just isn't worth the risk going back to work.
I hope it settles down again for you soon and the hydrotherapy works for you tomorrow. Big Hugs.
Becky
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2007, 05:11 PM
Oooh that sounds really painful. I had a tumour removed from behind my knee and couldn't bend it for 3 months, I know what agony I was in with that and yours sounds far worse.

I would take it easy and make sure you rest it, the trouble is, as its starting to heal you are probably forgetting about it and trying to use it normally.

I do hope it has started to feel more comfortable now xx
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2007, 06:11 PM
oh no! hope it doesn't set you back for long.
Its hard when you can't do things you normally can do so frustrating. hope your better soon.
elmac13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2007, 07:02 PM
ouch sounds painful. Hope it hasn't set you back for very long. Good Luck with the hydrotherapy tomorrow.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2007, 07:08 PM
That sounds really painful, i hope its better tomorrow, dont hesitate in getting some pain relief.
Dawn.
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2007, 07:17 PM
Oh sweetheart I totally feel for you

I fell over at work one evening (the old boy I was looking after heard it through the ceiling and was coming upstairs on his stairlift to check I was ok bless him). Anyway, I thought I wasn't too bad.

Until the next morning.

I knew it was sore, but forgot at my first client and knelt on my knee. I think I woke the whole sheltered housing up with my scream!
I didn't go to the docs, just rested it, didn't kneel on it, and soldiered on. Not anything as serious as yours but boy can I imagine the pain, and how annoyed you must be.

Big hugs x
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2007, 07:21 PM
So sorry to hear this Hayley. Hopefully it will feel better tomorrow. Try to take it easy. xx
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2007, 07:23 PM
Thanks everyone, I've dosed myself up with my extra strong painkillers that they gave me when I first had my op so I'm starting to feel a little dopey now They've helped a little with the pain but it's very stiff.

Am going to see how I am tomorrow morning - have spoken to work and have said that I want to carry on working, but could I just sit on reception for most of the day and they have been great about everything basically told me to take as much time as I need, and that my job is totally safe. I have to say they've been fantastic throughout the whole thing! I'd only been there 5 months when I had my accident and still on probation for another month but they still kept my job open for me

Off to have a nice soak in the bath and then an early night!

Thanks again everyone xxxx
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2007, 07:26 PM
That's good news about work. Hope the bath helps!
Becky
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >