Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
DrIvEn
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-07-2007, 06:04 PM

An Awesome Book

If you want to learn more about dog behavior and why they do the things they do and how the way you live shapes the behaviour of the dog you love you should read this book! It's so great. I love it. I already knew alot about dogs but I've learned so much more from reading this book. It's a very interesting book and not boring at all. I can't read a book unless it's interesting. lol If it's boring I just put it down and never pick it up again. The book goes through problems people have with their dogs and the solutions to solving them. I borrowed this book from my libarary so maybe your library will have it too. The name of the book is:

The Latchkey Dog by Jodi Anderson

elmac13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2007, 07:23 PM
Thanks for recommendation.. itsounds very interesting.
pam2
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-07-2007, 02:24 PM
I'll have a look for this in the library next time I am in. It sounds quite interesting.
I have just received Gwen Baileys Puppy School book today, I only had time for a quick glance through it but it looks really good. (it would be a lot easier if Charlie could read it )
I'd love to be able to buy more dog books that catch my eye, but some of them are very expensive and I often get one from the library and don't like it ,but I suppose that saves some money.
Any other recommendations?
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2007, 06:32 AM
Depends what sort of thing you are looking for really and how far you want to get 'into' the training element and why dogs learn?
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2007, 04:17 PM
puppy school by gwen bailey is definetely a good book, you'll enjoy that.

If your into clicker training, then 'dont shoot the dog' by karen pryor is excellent. (also helps to train the kids)

the culture clash by jean donaldson is a good one if your wanting to look into the dogs mind a bit and look at how they learn.
-GreyhoundGirl-
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-07-2007, 01:45 AM
I have that book. I found it put things into a rather "boring" way. Just my opinion, but I was fallng asleep through it, which is unusual for me with a dog book, but I found everything was put into a boring perspective.

DrIvEn
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-07-2007, 04:25 AM
Originally Posted by -GreyhoundGirl- View Post
I have that book. I found it put things into a rather "boring" way. Just my opinion, but I was fallng asleep through it, which is unusual for me with a dog book, but I found everything was put into a boring perspective.

"How Dogs Think" by Stanley Coren is a good dog psychology book and not boring. If you think the book you have is boring you should look into this one. You'll probably enjoy it a lot more.:smt001