Evil - Tail Docking with scissors

Poor poor babies

I hope she gets whats coming to her

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...ex/6946654.stm
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2007, 09:39 AM
I hope she gets what is coming to her too. It should be jail and a fine. How can the woman say she did'nt know it was illegal, will the courts really believe that, I hope not. That was probably the reason she tried to do it herself as she knew it was illegal and a vet would not do it. Those poor pups must have gone through hell.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2007, 09:47 AM
If she didn't know it was illegal to dock their tails, she certainly shouldn't have been breeding - what other knowledge is she lacking?

I'd be surprised if this was an isolated case though now that vets won't be doing it
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

15-08-2007, 10:14 AM
Hope she indeed gets what is coming to her! She must be awful stupid not to know that docking is illegal nowadays - it was advertised enough and spoken of enough on both the national press and on the media.

She should be banned from owning dogs. Oh so cruel!
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2007, 10:23 AM
It's been illegal for lay persons to dock their pups for years so I doubt very much that she didn't know it was illegal. She probably did it because she couldn't find a vet to do it. This is the current excuse for docked puppies now. This is the second case, also involving rotties, where the person docked them themselves and then claimed they didn't know it was illegal. Yeah Right and I'm the Queen!
Becky
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2007, 10:26 AM
she will be the first of many I hope they all get locked up together....I would Imagine loads of folk still doing it

shameful
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2007, 10:31 AM
I really really hope that they make an example of her and then publicise it heavily so that others considering doing this will know exactly what's coming to them for breaking this law.

If she gets away with a fine or a hand slap it will be very very bad news for other wee pups.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2007, 10:38 AM
Not if it's a £20,000 fine!
Becky
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2007, 10:45 AM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Not if it's a £20,000 fine!
Becky
Good point, but then in my experience people always manage to get their fines reduced to a pittance so that it doesn't really 'hurt' them at all. Hopefully that just me being pessimistic.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-08-2007, 11:06 AM
Many breeders dock their own puppies tails, as many as use a vet to do the job. even where it is still legal, people will still be docking their own pups.

Docking is done either two ways, cutting (with scissors) or banding, if a vet comes to do pups, most will quickly cut the tails of with scissors.

I even know of somones whos vet showed her how to dock her own pups tails.... she still does it. (it is still legal where she lives)

This woman , has proberbly done what she has always done, and being caught, is using an excuse, she wont be the first or last to be caught....specaily now it has been banned.

We will still see dock dogs, already heard of people seeing /buying docked pups.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >