Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
wendy taylor
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-05-2007, 07:56 AM

Talking of Neighbours,

we have a forty something male been next door for just over a year and he's driving us nuts,first off is his blooming cat,not only does he think my large tubs,etc is his own personal toilet,he likes to sit on the fence or roof of our shed and stare in at the dogs who inevitably go nuts,so we have to have curtains drawn all blooimng day,but he's got this "thing" about kids,boys mainly,he was married with three boys before he moved here,he's a cub leader,and a blooming numpty,and even though he's only allowed to have his own boys here once a fortnight,they are not allowed to sleep over,he will insist on having all pre-teen boys in his garden from three thirty onwards,screaming,hanging over our fences,barking at the dogs,throwing their rubbish over my fence,footballs,four yesterday,first two was okay third and fourth time dogs had them i'm afraid to say,the other side of him is two elderly people,who love to sit in their garden in the evening,but they have recieved so much abuse from these boys theat they don't want to any more, and their garden is their pride and joy,well um sad to say after a week of this,it well,got too much and I banged on his door,now all week we have been asking him and them to keep it down,and they will be quiet for all of,saaaayyyyyyy five mins,then up it starts again,so as I was saying I banged on his door,said it was unfair of him to allow this to continue,and that he should at least have a little bit more respect for his elderly neighbours if not us,he told me to go away,kind of, PEE OFF,so I saw red,and asked him what he thought he was doing having young boys in when his own children are'nt even there,and do their parents know,etc,he went very red,and all kids disappeared pretty smartish,
thanks for letting me rant,phew,that feels better,
must say I for one am not going to be listening to this all blooming summer,there will be war grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Wendy
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2007, 07:59 AM
That must be very irritating but for me the most disconcerting thing is a 40 something single male who likes having boys round
Becky
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2007, 08:25 AM
I have to say that the alarm bells started ringing for me too. i would keep a careful eye on what`s going on and perhaps a log?
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2007, 09:00 AM
mmmmmm... that would disturb me too... not only that but he is a CUB LEADER???? do the club know about his behaviour..... sounds as though all is not right with this situation....

Alex
xxx
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-05-2007, 10:27 AM
I second what everyone says about the kids - not normal in my opinion.
to get rid of the cats - Asda sell this green stuff in a bottle in the gardening section, can't remember the name. But it has got rid of the cats in my Mum's garden sharpish. She had one of those electronic things but they still used to appear on her shed roof and behind the electronic thing. Just scatter the pellets about (they smell of mothballs) and you will not see another cat, I do her garden every week now for her, and not cat poo or cats to be seen.
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2007, 10:32 AM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
I second what everyone says about the kids - not normal in my opinion.
to get rid of the cats - Asda sell this green stuff in a bottle in the gardening section, can't remember the name. But it has got rid of the cats in my Mum's garden sharpish. She had one of those electronic things but they still used to appear on her shed roof and behind the electronic thing. Just scatter the pellets about (they smell of mothballs) and you will not see another cat, I do her garden every week now for her, and not cat poo or cats to be seen.
Arm yourself with some water pistols as well to squirt at them when you see them about.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2007, 11:39 AM
My parents had cats, but they had a catapult to fire small pebbles down the garden to keep the other cats away lol! (it was a long garden!)
Becky
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2007, 02:02 PM
If this guy is holding legitimate meetings or whatever, then presumably there are other adults in attendance? If not then I think you ought to contact the scouts organisation to mention it. If they know about it, fine, they can take responsibility for it (including dealing with these kids behaviour towards you and your neighbours). If they don't know about it, they really, REALLY should!!!

Go on, it'll only take you a minute. There's contact info at http://www.scoutbase.org.uk/hq/.

Let us know how you get on
wendy taylor
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-05-2007, 07:29 PM
okay I said about his behaviour with boys a long time back on another doggy site,and I was really slated and told to mind my own business,so did not really want to say anything here,so am really quiet pleased that it was'nt just my mucky mind playing overtime,I will pop inot Asdas at weekend to find out about cat repellant,thank you so much for the tip,and I will definitely e-mail the scouts to see if he should be doing this,last summer,he was beat up by one of the grannies of a young boy that was in his garden without her permission,she had been going frantic up and down the road looking for him,thinking he had wandered off,but he was in the neighbours garden,no its definitely not scout/cub meetings,just neighbours kids coming in and playing, but quite often they will be hanging out of mans bedroom window yelling at the dogs etc,oh yes,I too had catapault but hubby confiscated it as I broke his shed window,oops,Elvie the cat gets the hose,snigger,thank you guys for answering,and making me feel i'm not the odd one,will definitely let you know what and if anything happens
thanks again,you are always so kind
Wendy
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2007, 07:45 PM
Croydon can be a bit noisy - it was really quiet when I moved here 30 years ago, and even a bit posh.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >