View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Stamford
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-04-2007, 01:00 PM

Not happy.Infact infuriated. (Updated post 36)

On the advice of my GP i tried claiming DLA (Disability Living Allowence) i received the letter back this morning saying i have been turned down. This decision is infuriating as i am feeling worse almost daily.I know i have the right of appeal,but the fact is i shouldn't have to go through all that.My brain isn't functioning how it should be and it seems to be a long and difficult process.This decision has knocked me back a bit and finacially things are a mess.They took the decision on what i had put in the claim form,which stated that i am unable to walk without considerable pain and discomfort and various other things.Also the DWP doctor who i saw in January for a Icapacity benefit claim was consulted.How would he know me better than my own GP who they failed to contact? Sorry for the rant,but im extremely fed up.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-04-2007, 01:05 PM
cant you appeal and get the relevant documents from your gp etc to support your claim.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2007, 01:07 PM
I don't blame you ,especially when there are people who are on DLA who aren't at all bad and more than capable of working.
Becky
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-04-2007, 01:14 PM
Not much I can say mate but keep your chin up, I would also appeal.
Stamford
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-04-2007, 01:23 PM
Yes im definately going for an oral appeal.It just ifuriates me that i have too.At least with an oral appeal the panel can see for themselves that im not trying to pull the wool over peoples eyes.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-04-2007, 01:27 PM
the problem lies with the fact there is so many who get it who shouldn't be then you get ppl who are genuine and they get told they are ok.
my dad can bearly dress himself some days without mum helping he doesn't get it.
when he was signed off sick once they called him in for a medical and said what you doing here....while others were just sitting around pulling a fast 1.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2007, 01:30 PM
When I was first diagnosed with cancer, I was turned down for DLA. They pulled a date out of no where and said I would be 'cured' by then! I wouldn't have even finished treatment by then.

I appealed - all I did was send the forms in again saying "No change" in each box, and I was awarded it!

Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
I don't blame you ,especially when there are people who are on DLA who aren't at all bad and more than capable of working.
Becky
Just like to point out - DLA has nothing to do with people working or not.
I work, and I am on DLA.
DLA is for people who need help daily. For example, people who are in wheelchairs - but can be totally capable of working, but need help with care, or getting around.

I know a girl who has Spina Bifida, and is wheelchair bound. She is on DLA, and she also works for the DWP!
Stamford
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-04-2007, 01:52 PM
Originally Posted by Hevvur View Post
When I was first diagnosed with cancer, I was turned down for DLA. They pulled a date out of no where and said I would be 'cured' by then! I wouldn't have even finished treatment by then.

I appealed - all I did was send the forms in again saying "No change" in each box, and I was awarded it!

Just like to point out - DLA has nothing to do with people working or not.
I work, and I am on DLA.
DLA is for people who need help daily. For example, people who are in wheelchairs - but can be totally capable of working, but need help with care, or getting around.
I know a girl who has Spina Bifida, and is wheelchair bound. She is on DLA, and she also works for the DWP!
I can't understand where they get their ideas from Hevvur.The situation you were in and they turned you down defies belief.But i agree with what your saying about working and on DLA.I know people who do work because they can and are perfectly entitled to DLA because of their care and mobility needs.
Tom
Dogsey Senior
Male 

14-04-2007, 01:57 PM
This is a bad case and i really hope you manage to be granted DLA in your appeal

tom
Stamford
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-04-2007, 02:00 PM
Thanks Tom.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »