Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2007, 04:53 PM

How much Chappie to feed?

Hollie is now on Chappie - has had tummy problems - she was on it once before on advise from the vet as she had colitis, got that sorted and found the cause (cheese) and has been happily Wagg until recently we noticed her tummy looked unusually large and she was constipated, and going at least twice a day, used to go once.

Kev came down in the morning begining of the week to find quite hard stools n the floor, very unusual for Hollie to mess inside. For 2 days I fed her rice and a little chicken, her tummy looked normal within 24 hours, and is 'going' normally. (At no point has she appeared unwell.)

Decided to put her back on Chappie, we know she likes it and is fine on it. The amount on the tin seem a bit much. She weighs around 15k, losing a little wouldn't hurt her, I had to get a big tin as that was all the shop I went in had. It says on it that for her weight to feed 1 tin - seems a bit much to me. I will usually get normal size tins which I think say to feed 2 tins per day for her size, which seems far too much.

What do you think?
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2007, 05:26 PM
i have use chappie before i used 1 tin a day for my girl split into 2 meals, why not try her with 1 tin to start with and see how she does you can always add more or put some veg with it to bulk up if it helps.

sorry if not much help good luck though
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2007, 07:58 PM
Thankyou. I think when Hollie was on it before she had one normal size tin a day, and a few treats. Will see how she goes with that.
teenytiny
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-02-2007, 08:54 PM
Although not the same problem as you Trish, I have been wondering how much wet food to feed Georgie too. I feed him Butchers, and for his weight it says to feed him 2 tins a day...which seems far too much for me.

I feed him 1 tin, divided into 2 meals, but I also feed him a lil meat or dried food too.

I'd stick to the 1 tin for now and see how she does. Looking at the consistency of Chappie, I would imagine it's very filling anyway.