Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2006, 08:27 AM

Nearly end of term!!!

Not too long now!!! The christmas play will be done and dusted this week, Friday is Christmas dinner (my big thing of the year, I get to tell the other staff what to do!!) and next week is party week!!!

When I get in this morning I am going to have to crack on making sparkly bracelets for the 8 stars (dress rehearsel this morning), teachers have lovely ideas at the last minute - "Trish, could you add something to the stars to somehow make them twinkle?"
My idea of plugging 8 little girls into a fairy lights didn't go down too well!!! Silver sparkly wire and tinsel is going to have to do!

All good fun - I am getting into the spirit of it all by being annoyingly hyperactive at times, the children don't quite know what has happened as I can be really daft one minute, and the horrible strict me "will you put all 4 chair legs on the floor", "I do wish you would stop talking for just a little while" .... blah blah blah!!!

School is a strange place on the run up to Christmas!
Mel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2006, 09:38 AM
We have 2 weeks yet ...finishing on the 22nd but at least we don;t go back until the 8th.
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2006, 12:21 PM
Yep Thomas has got his dress rehersal today and then the parents tomorrow morning. Wednesday is his school trip, Louise's concert Thursday, xmas dinner on Friday, then next week it's parties, parties, parties
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2006, 12:23 PM
My 2 youngest are doing their Christmas carols today at school, they break up on the 18th and I could really do with another week just to get all my bits and bobs in ready for Christmas
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2006, 06:13 PM
I got in and the making of bracelets was taken over by a member of staff who gets rather stressed over the Christmas play - I decided last week to not let it get to me, not worth it. I was a bit miffed but let it go.

The dress rehearsal was lovely, I took some photo's with the class camera, but the school camera's are not brilliant so they aren't that good. I am watching as a parent Wednesday evening so will use my own camera. Well, as long as I have a good view!