Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
sutty
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2006, 04:48 PM

most awful freak accident

the most awful thing happened today, a friend of mine sold an am bulldog puppy bitch to a couple that have a rather large staffy male, they have had her for 3 weeks and she is now 15 weeks old, the dogs have been great together up untill today, the dogs were playing outside as normal, when the woman heard awful screams coming from the garden, on rushing outside, they discovered that the male had tried to mate with the pup and had actually penetrated her anally and was stuck, the pup was screaming in pain, the woman called my friend in a total panic, she rushed round and after what seemed an eternity and applying ice packs to the dog to try and shrink him, and the poor pup biting her owner in distress, they managed to get them apart. the pup was in total shock and couldnt walk and there was blood and diahhorrea everywhere.the pup was whisked off to the vet, i seriously thought she was going to die, and thought she must have huge internal injuries. they have just got back from the vets, and he seems to think she will be ok, but very sore and bruised, she is on anti-inflammatories, and the male is going to be neutered tomorrow. apparently the vet says he has seen this before but i'd never heard of it. my friend says it was the most awful thing she has ever seen and still feels sick now.
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-10-2006, 04:51 PM
Good grief that's terrible

So glads the pups ok.
sutty
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2006, 04:53 PM
so am i, she is the sweetest little thing.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2006, 04:54 PM
Omg no wonder she paniced - I would have paniced too - it must be awful to see your puppy in agony and not know what to do. Thank god your friend was able to help Glad the puppy is going to be okay Hope the neutering helps although I know neutered dogs still do this so it might be an idea not to leave them alone in the garden until the puppy gets older.
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2006, 04:58 PM
so glad puppy is ok
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2006, 04:59 PM
God,how awful
I never leave mine together at the moment has Tyler has developed his hormones He keeps trying his luck with anything,toys, bedding etc...
So glad the pups ok.
Muddiwarx
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2006, 04:59 PM
Goodness how horrific for everyone concerned. Hope the owner was not bitten too badly andthat the pup isn't too badly traumatised after all this althoug I find it hard to imagine she won't be ... but dogs are amazing creatures.
sutty
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2006, 05:03 PM
yes i think they will have to be kept seperately, too as i know that dogs that were mated before neuturing will still try and can still tie, pup was completely in shock to start with but at least she can walk now.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2006, 05:10 PM
Poor little puppy, but glad she's survived the ordeal. What a terrible trauma to have witnessed too. Thank God they're getting their dog done, but they'll still have to keep an eye out for that little puppy. Mind you, I bet she won't let him anywhere near her now, you mark my words!!! Made me feel quite queasy reading that!
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2006, 05:13 PM
What a shame, Poor wee mite, and bet the owner and your friend still in as much shock as the pup. Hopefully the adult dogs urges will be cured after op, Ben still tried for a few months after his and then gave up!!!!

Hope everyone recovers well
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >