Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2006, 09:28 AM

Stupid student finance!

I am so angry I recievced a letter from them this morning asking me to prove i have been indepent from my parents for the last 3 years, I phone them to ask how on earth I am supposed to do this??? And they said do you know any doctors or officials who would be able to write a letter saying I have been with my OH for 3 or more years. I have been with my OH for 5 years and my doctor doesn't know that, I go in there for health reasons not to discuss my current partners The reason I am so angry is they cut my student finance down by nearly half if I cant prove this and I am intitled to it, all i will get is 75% of the loan (about £3000) and none of the grants. i cant think of anybody official enough for them to except a letter from them, they suggested a lawyer, Doctor or teacher. My lecturers I have only known for a year Sorry rant over again the government is short changing us
Tee
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-09-2006, 10:18 AM
If you and your OH own your home, couldn't they just accept proof of that? Or if you rent, a copy of the Tenancy Agreement?
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2006, 10:31 AM
bills at your address's away from your parents the last 3 years would be the thing I first thought of.
trikeschick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2006, 08:16 AM
I'm guessing you are under 25 Zuba? As the others suggested proof of tenancy or mortgage would do. Your parents would also be able to write to the award agency and declare this information. If you are still having problems contact your local MP or the National Union of Students - they will have an advisor who will be able to help.
Paul G.
Dogsey Junior
Male 

07-09-2006, 04:41 PM
When I was at University in the late 60s everything was free. Tuition, accommodation, the whole lot. I even got free cash on top of that for general expenses, books, travel, entertainment etc. My education cost me nothing. These days all that money is spent on supporting immigrants.
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2006, 06:07 PM
Originally Posted by Paul G.
These days all that money is spent on supporting immigrants.
......Huh?