Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
pod
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2006, 10:14 PM

Resource guarding with a kick?

Did anyone see ‘You’ve Been Framed’ on TV yesterday? Just wondering if anyone saw the clip of a smallish Lab type cross chewing a bone (or something) on a sofa. After a few moments of happily chewing, her left rear leg slowly crept up towards the bone whereupon she (just assuming it was a bitch for some reason) growled and snarled and eventually snapped at her own foot. She then shuffled away from her foot, started chewing again and repeated the process.

Any ideas what’s going on here? Wish I could find a video clip online.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2006, 10:21 PM
There is a clip of that online...think we discussed it was neurological or something?
lizdll
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2006, 12:49 AM
yea i watched it but i havent got a clue why the dog was doing it
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-08-2006, 09:15 PM
Hi Pod I did not see the programme but there used to be a copy of that video on here, it was in General dog chat somewhere and had lots of laughter in the background.

Many of us found the video disturbing and not the least bit funny some of us concluded the dog might have some kind of neurological problem that made it unable to recognise the leg as being part of its own body.

Being unaware of parts of the body is quite common in humans who have had a stroke/brain damage and have spacial awareness problems.
pod
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2006, 09:19 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha
Hi Pod I did not see the programme but there used to be a copy of that video on here, it was in General dog chat somewhere and had lots of laughter in the background.

Many of us found the video disturbing and not the least bit funny some of us concluded the dog might have some kind of neurological problem that made it unaware of its leg.

Being unaware of parts of the body is quite common in humans who have had a stroke/brain damage and have spacial awareness problems.

Thanks Mini, I'll have a look for it. Yes I agree, many of the clips on YBF involving animals are a bit disturbing. Amazing what some people will do for a bit of cash.