Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2006, 07:44 AM

Inconsiderate B*****S

I live on the ground floor of a converted victorian house (lived here for 10 years), there is a flat above me (been empty for nearly 2 years)that i have had no end of problems with i.e noisy tenants, flooding etc..... The owner couldn't care less and someone moved in last night we think the owners son.

Now here is my problem, as they are not purpose built flats you can hear every footstep etc just like you have someone upstairs in your own house the owner knows this only too well as i have complained numerous times about her various tenants, they decided to START moving in at 10pm last night and were still at it at 1am this morning, Diesel was barking like mad at the noise which in turn woke up Mia (my 4yr old).

Now is it just me or do you agree that this was totally unacceptable and even a knock at the door to warn us would've been better if not just courtesy????????

Maybe it's just the lack of sleep but i am not a happy bunny this morning!!!!!!!
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-09-2006, 07:49 AM
Woulda thought at the very least they would come introduce themselves and warn there may be some noise etc. I woulda done that at very least.
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2006, 07:54 AM
Poor you. That is very inconsiderate. Lets hope they turn out to be better neighbours than movers!
metz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-09-2006, 07:57 AM
i bet vodka some people are just pure ignorant and inpolite me i would have gone up there ranting and raving at them im like a bull with a sore head when i cant get to sleep lol
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2006, 07:58 AM
Thank you Ian, that's what i thought, they didn't have to introduce themselves as we know each other already from the many runnings we have had, but a warning would've been nice, I am not an unreasonable person but i have already paid out over £600 repairing various things that have been damaged by HER tenants including re decorating my living room TWICE in 6 months due to water damage! She hasn't paid a penny towards it!

Just one more thing is going to make me blow!!!!
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2006, 08:00 AM
Thanks guys, if it is her son, he's 18 years old i can just imagine what it's going to be like!!!
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2006, 08:05 AM
a knock to say that u was moving in wouldnt of gone a miss. u watch now the complaint will go in cause the dog barked.just hope they settle down and be good tenants, we have the worlds best neighbours upstairs shes so conciderate and shes got a son.
downstairs to us they have a teenage daughter, and as soon as mum went away the partys started, i grassed her up dont worry.
our old neighbours upstairs was a nightmare, they had laminated flooring, and 2 toddlers. the noise was horredoes, and the kids didnt go to bed till gone 1am every night, wehad a word with the dad, and pretty soon after that they moved.
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2006, 08:12 AM
Originally Posted by bens mum View Post
a knock to say that u was moving in wouldnt of gone a miss. u watch now the complaint will go in cause the dog barked.just hope they settle down and be good tenants, we have the worlds best neighbours upstairs shes so conciderate and shes got a son.
downstairs to us they have a teenage daughter, and as soon as mum went away the partys started, i grassed her up dont worry.
our old neighbours upstairs was a nightmare, they had laminated flooring, and 2 toddlers. the noise was horredoes, and the kids didnt go to bed till gone 1am every night, wehad a word with the dad, and pretty soon after that they moved.
We have had allsorts up there, before this owner bought it the tenants were a young couple and they were LOVELY never heard a peep but since she bought it, we've had musicians (and not good ones either), a few that you didn't get a chance to meet as they were in and out so fast and the worst so far was a gypsy family OMG!!!!!!! Started out just a couple with a little girl, great i though a playmate for Mia OH HOW WRONG I WAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Horrible little girl and then they moved the rest of the family in, 4 adults and 5 kids!!!!!!!!!! it's a 2 bedroom flat!!!!!

Didn't think it could get worse than that, looks like i'm about to find out
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-09-2006, 08:15 AM
Originally Posted by Vodka Vixen View Post

Just one more thing is going to make me blow!!!!

Just gimme a lil bit warning first will ya please... I'm only in Aberdeen so would rather get a lil bit further outta ya way when ya do........... hehe
thandi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2006, 09:19 AM
do you own your flat or are you a tenant?

speak to the CAB to check what rights you may have in either case - I am pretty sure the local council would be interested if the problem is ongoing.

Keep a diary of everything - start now and write down last nights incident.

if the flat has been empty for two years, was the other trouble before this, or had people been squatting?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >