Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
dogbetty
New Member!
Female 

19-07-2006, 09:47 AM

sore pads

hi my 4year golden retriever has really sore pads,think it was 2 hot on the ground yeaterday when i took him for his swim. did not realize till i got back he was fine while we were out but when we got back he was unable to walk i thought it was his hd at first, until i looked closer his pads look like they got blissters on and are all red and sore some of them are bleeding. do you think this has anything to do with him being in the water for too long and making them too soft.any cream or anything i cud do. he goes swimming alot as this helps his hd i thought. does swimming makes their pads to soft.thanks
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2006, 10:16 AM
I don't think swimming has anything to do with it, I think it's just that the ground was too hot and has burnt his paws.

Bathe them, and keep them extra clean and dry, and try and keep him off his feet for a few days
Kath
Sadly Missed
Female 

19-07-2006, 02:13 PM
As there are reports of the tar melting on the roads it is essential to check paws after walks. Remove any tar with oil, and clip out any tarry hair from between the pads. The weather forecast is for cooler and showery weather for most of the country, certainly better for the dogs. Kath