Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jules1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2006, 04:23 PM

Summer walkers

It amazes me every summer how all of a sudden people have got dogs!
All year round i'm walking my dogs whether its raining snowing or gale force winds. I always bumped into the same people & had a chat.
But all the summer walkers are out on force. Most of the dogs are a little over weight. They are also expected to walk for miles, just because the owners want to get fit ready for their summer holiday! So the dogs end up burning their lungs through panting so much

Has anybody else found this or is my village full of lazy people?
trikeschick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2006, 04:25 PM
lol yeah already I've noticed the park is very quiet when the weather isn't so nice but on a day like today there's loads of people out with their dogs. Bit like fair-weather bikers!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-05-2006, 04:35 PM
Exactly the same here, we do get more at weekends and bank holidays. I think most dogs have to make do with a quick walk round the block most of the time.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2006, 05:04 PM
Yes, it is the same here - we walk Ozzy rain, hail or shine (mostly the rain and hail around here!! ) but it seems some people are literally just fair-weather walkers. Poor dogs, it must be frustrating for them getting out so seldom
Petstalk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2006, 05:09 PM
I couldn't have put it better. I notice the same in my around my area. There are the dedicated few that work daily like me and people that get out when is sunny during the weekends and bank holls. It must be hard for the dogs because they have not had a chance to build up there fitness.
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-05-2006, 05:45 PM
lol-its the same round here! Im an all weather walker so dont give a hoot whether its screaming sunshine or whipping up a monsoon (not preferable though!),but the parks and meadows recently have been filled with dog walkers who ordinarly i wouldnt see.Makes me laugh though when i walk along a nature route which takes around 3 1/2 hours round trip and people i meet with their dogs are amazed that i walk that far! They cheat and come from the nearby village across the field!

I know of 2 dogs who's exercise concists of a 5 minute walk down a path just to empty bladder & bowels-then straight home.I feel so sorry for them both
Cyrus
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-05-2006, 05:56 PM
I know exactly what you mean theres dogs everywhere at the moment even our quiet little beach we go to at the weekend was crawling with people and dogs this afternoon
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2006, 07:17 PM
Ooh this is something that really winds me up! I walk through all the crappy winter weather, freezing to death and then come summer I can't let my two swim cos of all the summer walkers. Who also let their dogs poo every where, leave all the gates open and leave litter!!!!!

ARRGGHHHH!!

Love summer really!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2006, 07:30 PM
PART TIME PARKERS ARGHHHHHH!!!!
No, we don't have that round here....NOT!!!
They are infuriating and are the ones that give responsible dog owners a bad name!!!!!
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2006, 07:34 PM
Yep the fair weather walkers are out in force. I try to miss them going earlier or later than normal
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >