Our sister sites
Our sister sites
freckles211
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-05-2006, 08:57 PM

Which Food?

Hi

I have had to take my collie x to the vets this week as he will not stop scratching i have frontlined him, checked the other dog and cats, no fleas. He has made a terrible mess of his ear where he continually scratches.

I have been feeding both my dogs on Laughing Dog complete as i was told that it was good, however my Vet thinks that he could be allergic to the wheat in it.

Can anyone suggest a good food. Royal Canin i give my cats, im thinking of giving to dogs as well?

Help
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2006, 09:01 PM
Hi Freckles,

My dog had the same problem and we thought he had a food allergy - he used to scratch his ears on the outside until they bled and chewed his feet and also scratched at his elbows a lot. The vet did a blood test for sarcoptes and it turns out he had sarcoptic mange. The treatment was Stronghold on the back of his neck every two weeks and he never touches them at all now. He had suffered for about 20 months before we found this out though and you wouldnt think he had mange to look at him because he had no bald patches or anything.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-05-2006, 09:19 PM
Hi Freckles welcome to Dogweb .
What did you feed your dog before you changed to Laughing Dog ,did he scratch then?
When did the scratching start?
Has the scratching started since you used frontline?
Sorry so many questions ...
freckles211
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-05-2006, 09:53 PM
Hi

Thanks for replying. Casper was on Beta before Laughing Dog, However his coat was dull, & heard about Laughing Dog, so thought i would try it. He has been scratching before i frontlined him.

His ears keep bleeding and he has lost hair on his ear but its only his one ear the other is ok.

He has been on L/Dog for about 8 weeks but has only started scratching, for about the last 2-3 weeks.

Hope this helps?
freckles211
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-05-2006, 09:57 PM
Thanks for replying. It sounds very similair as he is also scratching his elbows. & yes he is chewing his feet, as well as washing a lot.