Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
OZZYSMUM
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-05-2009, 07:55 PM

In your opinion what do you think of this cut

I took my boy Ozzy to the groomers yesterday for the first time ever i normally do it myself but i thought it would be nice to treat him to a professional groom, but he looks awful it must of been a very inexperienced trainee that done him as he has been cut like a westie and his coat looks all choppy with bits longer then others they even shaved to top part of his tail i told them to leave the tail i am so upset by it, i know there are a few professional groomers on her so i would really like your honest opinion please, what you think of his cut ? ho and they never plucked his ears at all which really does need doing i had left it as i thought it was part of grooming a long with nails, please tell me am i being picky

fimberly
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-05-2009, 08:08 PM
never seen a shih tzu cut like that in my life.
I hope that ou didnt pay for it if you were not happy and didnt get what you asked for.
I would als complain to management and they should try and fix it as best they can (at least even out the coat a bit)
OZZYSMUM
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-05-2009, 08:26 PM
They charged me £25 i tried not to complain but i will just have to as it is awful i thought if i asked on here first as i normally do him myself i have never had him done at the groomer before they have even shaved the bridge of his nose which is no supposed to be cut i just dont know what to do
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2009, 08:29 PM
In the nicest possible way - OMG!!

Do you have any ''before'' pictures of how he normally is cut?
Mouse
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-05-2009, 08:31 PM
Gosh I know nothing about dog grooming but even I can tell thats not great. Write a list of what you asked them to do & not to do versus what they did & didn't do. Also can you get a print out of they way Shih Tzus should be cut.? may be helpful for getting your case across. Good luck.
OZZYSMUM
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-05-2009, 08:33 PM
This is what he looked like before they cut it

valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2009, 08:43 PM
No offence but he does look very choppy. Like the layers dont match up. But im a bit like you, and i prob woudl have shown that i was a bit upset but wouldnt have complained outright. How long dies it take to grow his hair back to a certain length so you can cut it?
OZZYSMUM
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-05-2009, 08:55 PM
It will take about 3 to 4 months to get back to how it was before I could probably crop it all off but i thought taking him to a salon it would be done properly i am just so upset i wished i had done it myself now, as it does seem it is not just me being picky i will phone them up tomorrow and see what they have to say about it there is no way i will be taking my other dogs to be done by anyone else i will just do it myself in future,
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2009, 09:30 PM
Why did you have him cut at all? They shouldnt be! Did you tell the groomer exactly what you wanted them to do?
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2009, 09:40 PM
his DO, does look choppy, but im not an expert on grooming, poss someone like mahooli will be able to say more,

still a cute dog no matter how bad the hair do is,
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >