Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2006, 12:06 PM

Male Dog Anatomy Question

At the risk of appearing completely stupid.....

Pippin was standing at the top of the stairs as I walked up - from a funny angle I could see his manhood. It looked as if there was a scrotum on each side of his sheath, towards the back - as well as his real ones

So I had a feel about and these 'lumps' were quite large and very hard, I checked his scrotum and they were there too. He never flinched while I was firking about and when I came downstairs to ask Phil to look, Pip followed and when I went to show Phil, they had gone!

Please someone tell me that I am the most stupid dog owner known and this is normal.

In my defence, please note that Pip is the first full grown male dog I've lived with
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2006, 12:27 PM
At the risk of making myself sound daft(!!!!!) our male dogs have these 'lumps' too and tend to be more obvious whenthey're a bit...well...ummmm...excited!!!! Not visible all the time but don't worry they must be normal if our boys have them too!!!!!
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2006, 12:29 PM
Originally Posted by Ailsa1
At the risk of making myself sound daft(!!!!!) our male dogs have these 'lumps' too and tend to be more obvious whenthey're a bit...well...ummmm...excited!!!! Not visible all the time but don't worry they must be normal if our boys have them too!!!!!
Thanks for that, you've made me relax a little
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-02-2006, 12:34 PM
Hello Ashlady I am not quite understanding the question are you saying Pippin has 4 testicles ?

The normal dog has two testicles situated in the scrotal sac at the back/ each side of the sheath , these may feel quite hard . When dogs are puppies the testicles are hidden inside the abdomen and descend when they get older. In some dogs only one descends the other stays hidden, they can also ascend/descend again at certain times
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2006, 12:38 PM
Its normal!
Dawn.
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2006, 12:41 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha
Hello Ashlady I am not quite understanding the question are you saying Pippin has 4 testicles ?

The normal dog has two testicles situated in the scrotal sac, these may feel quite hard . When dogs are puppies the testicles are hidden inside the abdomen and descend when they get older.In some dogs only one descends the other stays hidden.
Mini, that's certainly what it looked like just now.

His scrotal sac is intact and normal, but towards the back of his sheath about 6 cms in front of his sac there were another 2 lumps, one on either side of his sheath. We (Phil and I) have just turned him over and both had a good feel about and there is nothing there now at all. Is that any clearer? (sorry if not very clear)
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-02-2006, 12:43 PM
As Dawn says that is normal
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2006, 12:44 PM
Phew! Glad you said that Dawn I was starting to doubt myself!!!
Not an expert on doggy anatomy, but I think, the lumps are at the end of the penis, I seem to remember one of our dogs got a bit overexcited with a cushion when he was young and entire and everything popped out... Enough said!!! Sorry all...
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2006, 12:46 PM
Many many thanks to Ailsa, Dawn and Mini

(I'll get back to my ironing then eh? )
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2006, 04:59 PM
Originally Posted by Ailsa1
Phew! Glad you said that Dawn I was starting to doubt myself!!!
Not an expert on doggy anatomy, but I think, the lumps are at the end of the penis, I seem to remember one of our dogs got a bit overexcited with a cushion when he was young and entire and everything popped out... Enough said!!! Sorry all...

Lol......this is great Saturday afternoon reading! But yes you are correct, not that I have a dog, but I was told that this is the bulbous that swells once a mating has taken place and hold the tie in place, until this swelling goes down the dog and bitch can not be separated!

At least I think this is what the stud dog owner said....lol.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >