Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2006, 10:12 PM

Can Anyone Use SPSS?

Anyone??

Im trying to do a prospective power analysis and have no clue how to do it - all my books are useless I did one for my assignment last semester and did it wrong lol But need to get it right this time as its for my diss - i have no clue how to do it!!

Anyone know how?!
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2006, 09:44 AM
Have you tried here? http://www.spssusers.co.uk/
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2006, 11:48 AM
hows it going...i wasnt great at spss but have you tried Research methods and statistics by hodder and staughton - really helped...

try asking your supervisor....
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2006, 07:25 PM
Thanks for the replies! Went in to see my Dissertation Tutuor today and started ranting about how i couldn't do it and the books made no sense and that i gave up on it... and he said that 1) its not done on SPSS (lecturers told us it was!!!) and 2) i needed a journal not a book

So... He pretty much did it for me!! And apparently i dont need to worry too much about the stats as he can help me with it if i get really stuck

I have saved that link to my favourites though, will come in useful when im trying to make sense of my Stats stuff And the books i have are SPSS for Psychologists, Advanced Reasearch Methods in Psychology (david Giles) and Statistical Power Analysis for the Behavioural Sciences (Jacob Cohen).

None of which seem to be written in english - just some incomprehenisble mixture of numbers, symbols and long words Cant wait til uni's over!!!
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2006, 11:32 AM
the one i mentioned was published by hodder and stoughton but was written by collican...was very helpful!

Alex
xx