View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Stephanie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2004, 10:14 AM

I may be getting another dog, going to see one 2morrow !!

I placed a call to a rescue at the beginning of the week about a 10 month Rottie boy who is in rescue kennels as his owners live in a high rise flat and the hubby is now doing nights and can't do the Rottie's last walk of the day and the mother can't either has she has 2 young kids so this lad is looking a home....and thats where I come in

I'm told that he is very well natured, as the breeder bred for temperament and he is innoculated and microchipped and the microchip will be changed before he goes to his forever home.

So, me, my 2 kids, hubby and the live in Au Pair and my GSD, Jesse are off to see 'Rocky' (I will be changing his name btw) tomorrow morning. If all is ok I then get homechecked and if thats ok he'll be coming home :smt041

I am soooooo excited, I can't think of anything else !!

Anyone got any good ideas on names for a rottie boy, I was thinking along the lines of Murphy or Bailey as they sound similar to Rocky but am open to suggestions.

Also, Im sure there are others on this forum that have Rotties and am hoping that you can give me some advice/tip as I've never been owned by a Rottie before.

I can't wait til tomorrow, I can't wait till tomorrow, I can't wait till tomorrow

Am I driving you mad yet :smt042
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-09-2004, 10:20 AM
Good luck tomorrow Stephanie

Will have a think of some Rottie names
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

10-09-2004, 10:24 AM
Good Luck Steph!

Rockys says.. hey wos wrong with Rocky!?

(I've told him that it's not the name but rather that you want him to have been named by yourself - he took some pursusion, but hes ok now!).
Stephanie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2004, 10:34 AM
Originally Posted by Azz
Good Luck Steph!

Rockys says.. hey wos wrong with Rocky!?

(I've told him that it's not the name but rather that you want him to have been named by yourself - he took some pursusion, but hes ok now!).
Aww Azz, give Rocky a hug from me and tell him not to take it personally.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2004, 10:39 AM
good luck
moo
Dogsey Senior

10-09-2004, 10:52 AM
Hi Steph,

I have an 18month old girl rottie called Mia, the only tips/advice i can really give you is that they do need lots and i mean lots of attention, Mia is very much a people person, she gets very upset if she is ignored etc, they love to be petted and played with, Mia 9 times out of 10 comes to work with me, she is here now asleep under my desk, even at the slightest movement she will wake up and follow me, even if i go to the other side of the office!. Rotties can be very excitable at times and at just over 6 stone mia is very powerful, she can knock me flying if she wants! they need a fair amount of excersize, Mia has 30mins walk in the morning before work, 30mins at lunch and then another 30-40mins walk on an evening and even after that she is playing at home for a good more few hours! but apart from all i believe that Rotties are so loyal and even though they can be excitable they are also very gentle, if for some reason i cry over something mia is straight by my side trying to make me smile. training isnt to hard by the time Mia was 6 months she understood all the basics.

Steph if you do get this pup just enjoy him, love him as you would love any other and i believe you will ask your self why you never got one sooner

All the best, and i really hope you get him.
Stephanie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2004, 11:30 AM
Moo - trust me, he gonnna be lurrrrrrrved in my household !!

Mia sounds adorable, sounds very much like Jesse my GSD, she my velcro dog lol
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2004, 11:54 AM
steph i,m jealous
i have a 3yr old rottie called harley and he is the sweetest loveliest dog ever
we,ve only had him 6 mths but seems like he,s been here forever

hope all goe,s well with your meet and homecheck,and if you do bring him home please post loads of pics

if you need any help or advice please ask and i,ll try my best to help you

jackie
xx
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2004, 11:58 AM
Good luck Steph
Emma-836592
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2004, 12:11 PM