Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
TJCeeJay
Dogsey Junior
Male 

31-01-2016, 10:20 PM

I have a BEAUTIFUL visitor!

Hey all! Got an interesting situation here at Butedale, British Columbia.

Someone, has taken up residence in one of the abandoned buildings, and is making my poor Buddy crazy! lol!

Here's the visitor.

Sleeping on a pile of old clothes, and an old foam mattress.

Getting up. (Got tired of being stared at!) lol!

She's a Coastal Wolf. About the size of bud. (75-80 pounds, I guess.) Not a huge gal, but not something I want Bud to be tangling with! She's been here for almost a week. Bud has chased her around at least 4 times, I've fired my shotgun over her head a dozen times; but she won't move on. If I had to guess, she wants Bud to be her Boy-Toy; since this is wolf mating season!

She is one gorgeous animal, that's for sure! Too bad it's illegal to feed or keep a wolf as a "pet". She is so docile, and complacent, it probably wouldn't be difficult to "tame" her. Not like a live-in-the-house tame; but something that neither me or the dog would have to be concerned about.

Ah well, not gonna happen. Bud is leash-bound from now on, until she decides to move-on, or until I am forced to call the Ministry of Environment, and get a Conservation Officer out here to trap / tranquilize, and relocate her.

But for now, she is a welcome addition to Butedale. She is non-aggressive, to say the least. Even when I surprised her, by opening a door with her about 6 feet from the door, and firing a gun over her head, Her expression was like, "Really? Was that necessary?" and just ambled away. lol!

Anyhoo, here's a very poor video I got of her this morning. (The pics are screen captures from the vid.)

I now have my video camera on a tripod, watching the bunkhouse door; and a trail camera in the bunkhouse watching her bed. Should get some better quality pics soon!

Righty then, I'll keep ya's posted on the developments!

Cheers!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2016, 10:43 PM
Oh wow wow wow wow!!!! How beautiful, pleased she is a gentle soul but hope she will let Bud have his domain back soon
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2016, 11:25 PM
Simply amazing. She looks so placid, bless her.
CaroleC
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-02-2016, 12:00 AM
She is lovely. I hope she hasn't been looking for somewhere to give birth!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-02-2016, 12:01 AM
Hi Cory that's just beautiful ...
You are lucky to have seen her ...
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2016, 07:47 AM
Good to have you posting again with news. She is beautiful. Hope all goes well, maybe she was looking for somewhere to have pups, I guess that could cause bigger problems for you and Bud. Do take care and keep us updated. Thanks.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2016, 08:28 AM
Ah how fantastic. You must be so chuffed. I would be. Take good care of her. Hope she makes her way on her own.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-02-2016, 08:28 AM
Amazing........
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-02-2016, 10:20 AM
I think she will already have done the Biz with Bud if it was him she was after,she'll have gone looking for him when she was receptive I would imagine, which will have been a while ago. Very strange that she is alone and without family, is there nobody calling for her at all.I hope she isn't pregnant because she's going to struggle bringing pups up on her own without help from her extended family, especially if you carry out the plan to dart her, sedate her and leave her somewhere strange. Pups will probably die actually, she can't hunt for them all and look after them. I really hope she is OK, because what a stunning beautiful girl she is
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2016, 01:58 PM
Wow absolutely stunning, I'm really glad that she is a gentle girl
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >