Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2014, 06:56 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread Wednesday

Good morning all dogsey peeps, and I think it's Wednesday today.

Had a lovelyy lie in cos tony can't walk zena today he's too busy, which means it's just a game for her this morning before I go off to the dentist again to get this new plate fixed. I wish she'd listened to me in the first place about the big bit of plastic hanging down behind my front lip though, but hey ho, she'll know I'm always right next time then

Busy, busy day yesterday, I seem to have spent the whole day on that phone, right up until 9.30 last night it was ringing. I had some sad news from a friend who lost her 14 yr old pointer yesterday, she rang me in tears last night, My old Cassie used to play a lot with him when he was a puppy, and she had booked the vet for tomorrow anyway, but he was let out yesterday morning, came back in, got into his bed and let out a big sigh and just went into his peaceful, long sleep, never to wake up again, and I think that's such a lovely way to go, but of course has left her devastated but he was 14.

Hope everyone is good today along with the doglets and now I've gotta go and open e-mails.

Enjoy your day everyone
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2014, 06:58 AM
Morning everyone.
I wonder how many others are posting the thread at the same time as me today!!!
Horrible day overcast and raining, oh well I was only doing inside jobs anyway.
I hope everyone is well, Helenas hand, Bevs leg etc
Take care
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2014, 06:59 AM
Snap hahahaha
Please can a mod merge my post....thanks!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2014, 07:14 AM
Morning Jen, I expect Lynn's having a nice lie in this morning, with some big hairy lump snoring away on her head, goes by the name of Dillon
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-06-2014, 07:20 AM

Sorry about your friend's dog Helena - but he took himself off to The Bridge so that must have been what he wanted.

No lie-in for me again today as Da Booga needed up for a p&p at 6am and it was then a bit too late to go back to bed, knowing that I would have to be up again for her 7am pills.

But as it is another Holy Festival [Shavuot - The Feast of Weeks] it is lovely and quiet as everything is quiet and of course no cars around. It will be so different where I used to live though, just a few minutes from the beach, as the cliff tops will be swarming with bbqs and the National Park ditto - in fact at only just 10am I can already smell that bbq yuck stench at the back of my home coming from the West.

I want to try and finish my current book but my sight is playing up a bit so I think it will be a computer-with-everything-made-larger day for me today.

Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2014, 07:52 AM
Morning

Sorry about your friend's dog Helena.

I'm going to try to make this afternoon a kid-free zone! Apart from my two, that is. We came home late from school late yesterday and I thought the coast would be clear but our neighbour's little girl was standing at her door, waiting with her scooter and another three had been concealed behind some bushes and came charging over. I can't even creep in the back because our rear access is at the front as well.

I ended up with Loki in the kitchen with the door barred, Michael out the front with his friend, Carys out the back with her friend and me trying to cook while having to repeatedly vault the barrier to keep an eye on everyone.

I have a little headdress for Carys's Communion but I need some time with her to try it on and sort out her hair. It's pretty, it's a wreath of flowers and pearly things with some short ribbon at the back. We didn't want a veil.

I hope everyone is okay today and you all have a super day.
x
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2014, 08:04 AM
Lol LS that would drive me mad, all those kids
Can we see pics of Carys in her headdress? It sound so pretty.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2014, 08:13 AM
Couse Nippy, if I can ever get her to try it on.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-06-2014, 08:27 AM
Morning everyone.
Helena sorry to hear about your friends dog a nice way for it to go though. How's the hand today ?
Nippy Jen raining here too.
Linda I couldn't cope with all those kids now.

Well I am on here late due to a rather disturbed night Dillon hurt his front paw not sure when noticed during Friday and some of Saturday he kept licking round it thought he had been bitten so gave him a piriton which seemed to do the trick. He was fine Sunday and Monday yesterday he started again and I noticed he has a cut above the nail now when he did this I am not sure it could of been when he barged through the chicken wire or when he went flying out of the conservatory and banged his back paw badly then skidded on his front paws maybe he grazed it on the stone flags ? So yesterday after some research I gave him a piriton and later a rymadil some I have left over from his hips. He was fine during the afternoon when Beth was here but during the night he got very stressed and kept licking the paw. So I was on and off the loo must of been the vanilla cheesecake reduced in the Co-op and Dillon up and down panting. I nearly rang the vets in the middle of the night expecting a swollen toe and him not being able to walk.
It was neither so I got him to lay beside the bed and stroked him then when he settled left my hand laying over his neck we then slept till gone 8. Had a good look this morning no swelling no redness he is holding the paw a little pinched but not a lot has eaten breakfast been into the garden and is now sleeping not surprised really. I bought some Arnica pilules and Hypericum so will give those a try and is he still keeps licking and agitating round it will ring the vet to take a look.
Everything looks nice and clean and no limping. He hasn't limped at all on it.

Thinking of Bev today and her x-ray.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2014, 08:40 AM
Good to see you Lynn - I've been wondering where everyone seems to have disappeared to.

Sorry to hear about Dillon, what a worry. I'm glad he seems to be okay today but I'm sure you will be watching just in case.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »