Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2014, 02:17 PM

Nigredo took a tumble

Nigredo stepped into an open drain thingy (or fell over an old junk tire or something) in the back yard yesterday and wrenched his leg. I saw him go down hard and rushed into the woods towards him to see what happened but he got up quickly and hopped on back to mom as fast as he could.

Champion didn't even yell/cry when he fell but came up not putting any weight on his rear leg for a bit and then limped on it for a while. Within a few minutes, he was back to running...

To keep him from jetting about for a bit to make sure all is well... he will be leashed for a few days. Anything else I can do to help him stay off the leg for a few days and perhaps make him a bit happier? He is none too happy about being leashed all the time...

In the first photo he had stubbornly "planted his feet" when I went to take him around back to potty as he is not used to being leashed in his own yard and was not happy with the change. And the second... that facial expression
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-04-2014, 03:03 PM
Awww poor boy hope he didn't injure himself too badly ,and recovers soon hugggge hugs from us all here
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-04-2014, 03:49 PM
Poor Nigredo - I hope his leg is not badly hurt but oh his expression in the second photo "mutter mutter mutter, see what a cruel mommy I have keeping me on-leash in my own yard, mutter mutter mutter"
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2014, 04:39 PM
He's not badly hurt and is walking normally, but to make sure he doesn't re-hurt himself he will stay leashed for another day or two.

He's very unhappy as I'm also preventing him from running up and down the stairs and jetting about the house by leashing him indoors, as well

Thank you, Malka... that gave me a good laugh, which I needed badly.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

21-04-2014, 04:39 PM
Aw poor Nigredo, MF, I hope he is all OK now A hot towel when he is lying down - or a wee hot water bottle under his blanket for his to lay on with his sore leg, if it is still painful, may help. Not sure if a Paracetamol is allowed as well for any pain he may still have.

Big hugs to him from me and Loki xx

Must have given you an awfy fright!

Hugs xx
susannah92
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-04-2014, 08:24 PM
Poor Nigredo and poor mum too - its not easy keeping a young dog from running around, but a couple of days rest will hopefully deal with any remaining pain or discomfort.
Don't expect any thanks from Nigredo though - its obvious from the photos that he thinks he is being treated unfairly Great photos too - he is developing into a very handsome young man.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2014, 10:23 PM
Thank you, Brandykins and susannah. Think I'll pop him a baby aspirin in case there is a little pain left and will put my foot warmer under his bed covers. He seems fine but is just not happy about being leashed up. He's a very "free" dog and is not used to it.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2014, 06:17 AM
I hope he's soon back to gallivanting around.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2014, 06:47 AM
Thank you, Jenny. He seems perfectly fine and I WANT to take him off his leash like normal... but think I'll wait until tomorrow. Mayhap I'll let him off in the house but leash him outside for another day.

After a good look over noticed another cracked double rear dewclaw as well. Dang things are always catching on things and breaking. Glad it doesn't hurt him, he never seems able to feel the broken nails on those useless toes.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2014, 07:27 AM
Hope he is over it soon. Not such a bad thing to get him used to being on lead now and then. In case the need ever arises in future.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >